What comes next?

Home Forums Member Services What comes next?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #34249
    Estrella74
    Member

    I was scheduled to close on 8/30/16. but the appraisal came back low for the units and my file sat in suspense for weeks. We got an extension for 9/21/16; we won the appeal on the low appraisal on the units and we were scheduled to close on 9/21. The bank is still doing stuff (I don’t know what happens back there) but it reads DOR 9/23. The reads as follows:

    9/19/2016 3:23:00 PM Lender: file is in underwriting

    NACA:
    9/16/2016 10:05:00 PM Lender: Docs pulled.

    NACA:
    9/15/2016 1:04:00 PM Lender: DOR 9/23rd

    We have been under contract since 6/28/16. I’m exhausted, as I’m sure my MC is as well. He’s very responsive, but not very detailed. I KNOW he is very busy with participant scheduling back to back to back; I’ve witnessed it. But I need to know a time frame to ask for yet, another extension. The waiting game and the suspense have given me white hairs these past 3 months! How much longer? What happens after lender says “underwriting?”

    #35290
    Tessastj
    Member

    Does anyone have contact info for ANYONE in closing?! I’m desperate. I was cleared on the 20th, was supposed to close on Dec 30th but have heard nothing about my closing docs! Approved by Citi, but my MC can’t even get any information. It’s crazy that no one within NACA can get eachother to respond. I need to get someone to move my loan forward or I will lose my house. Any contact info would help. When I call the main lines they refuse to give me contact information for anyone other than my MC.

    #35305
    Estrella74
    Member

    first, CONGRATS on your CTC!

    The way NACA works, your MC is your contact. You do not have any business with Citibank yet, not until you’ve made the purchase. After that, you are able to contact them about your mortgage.

    My husband and I went through the same exact thing. We made the offer on June 28th, and it wasn’t until 10/11 that we finally closed! I got the clear to close as well, but we didn’t close for a few more days ( I think some 7-10 days after because of the long weekend ect). You can contact your closing attorney, and have them contact their attorney, and set a closing date. Then your bank/attorney, will prepare the CD (which by law, they need to send to you at least 72 hours prior to closing) and then you close.

    If you’ve gotten the ctc, and all you are waiting is for the closing date, I wouldn’t worry about losing your home. Like in our situation, it would stupid for the seller to back out now that you are soooo close 🙂 You just let the seller know (through your agent who will contact their agent) that you are clear and are waiting for the bank. They may not be happy, but they will want to move forward.

    Again, I would contact your attorney and set a closing date. The attorney has direct access to the loan officer at the bank.

    Keep us updated and good luck!

    #35306
    Estrella74
    Member

    PS – During the holidays people go on vacation and are lazy. Not surprised you haven’t closed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.