I know that there is a 5 time volunteer requirement per year.
Does that mean…
1. The entire household (partner + me) is considered a member = 5x per year
2. Each member of household (partner, me) is considered a member = 5x per year each person
3. Each member of household (partner, me) is considered a member = 10x total, can be divided as we like
2. Each member of the household 21 years or older is required to be considered for debt but does not need to be a naca member.
3. Each naca member needs 5x each minimum. If you and your partner get qualified you both need to volunteer 5x each. If one of you volunteers 10x the other still needs to volunteer 5x.
If you become members together you will jointly own the house with both of your names on the deed. If only one of you becomes a member that one person will solely own the house with only that one name on the deed but the debt of the other is factored in because the likelihood of you “evicting” that person in the event they lose their job get hurt or can’t contribute is close to zero and the likelihood that you now have to take on a greater portion of the household expenses is very high. If you are married you may not have a choice depending on your state laws whether your spouse is listed on the deed regardless of whether they are a naca member.