How is $25,000 lien removed when home is sold?

Home Forums Purchase Program How is $25,000 lien removed when home is sold?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TTrumble

Hello rashad3000,

We do ask that they at least try to put a family member in the home so there is still a direct connection to the property as typical landlords tend to put rent money in their pocket instead of using it to maintain the home.

As far as finding out when they actually move out and try to turn it into a rental property is pretty simple, but I can’t disclose exactly how it’s done. (And no, it’s not through a vast network of volunteer spies, kmjatl!) 🙂

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

rashad3000
    Participant

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kmjatl
    Participant

So you pay the spies? count me in! 🙂

TTrumble

Hello all,

Actually I can’t really disclose how we find out about a home being turned into a rental property, but there’s definitely nothing cloak-and-dagger about it.

In a case such as deployment, we again would look at it case by case. There are definitely other options than just renting out the home as well as certain legal protections for active duty military personnel.. The purpose is for your family to be in the home, and all someone would have to do is contact our Member Assistance Program for us to start working on the best way to help you.

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by TTrumble.
    kmjatl
    Participant

Is it something simple like the mortgage statement is mailed somewhere else? And if I have my mail sent to another address will that cause an issue? There’s a difference between a secure box at a UPS store and an unsecure mailbox on the street…

(yeah, had one too many experiences with Identity Theft…)

HELP,
    We’ve moved out of state for a job and are in contract to sell our property.
    We did not realize that there was a $25,000 LEIN. We are supposed to settle soon

WHAT TO DO ??

I AM PANICKING HERE.

HOW DO WE REMOVE THAT $25,000 LEIN.

CAN WE SELL OUR HOME, I CANNOT AFFORD RENT AND A MORTGAGE!!!

nfreniere

Yes, it can be removed. To my understanding, it’s a lien to prevent people from using the program for flipping a home. For a legit reason, releasing it is should not be a problem. Ttrumble or your local NACA office can assist.

It’s all good. People sell houses acquired with NACA all the time. Just call member services or your local NACA office first thing on Monday morning and they’ll be to get you started on the process to remove the lien. Shouldn’t cause any snags in your sale.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.