Question about the final appraisal and closing. Currently, I see the following reflecting on my NACA webfile: Lender Status: Underwriting-Re-decision. That’s fine, no big deal. When I contacted my MC, the only hold up at this point is the Final Appraisal (which he ordered over a week ago).
Here are my questions:
1. Is it possible to find out if the appraiser has scheduled a date to conduct a final appraisal?
2. Do you think it is still possible I can still close on Tuesday, 12/29?
Oh! And I am purchasing a new construction home.
This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by arios025.
Ask your agent to ask the sellers agent. The appraiser will need access to the inside of the house so they might not have a schedule but can at least confirm whether contact was made.
In general it’s not a good idea for the buyer to directly contact anybody except the inspector and the contractor. This can be seen by the seller or the bank as tampering and in the case of a naca member prohibited.
Also your MC did not order the appraisal the bank did so they won’t know anything until after the fact.
Don’t worry. Closing on schedule is not the bigger picture. You are close.