cynmercy

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #2552
    cynmercy
    Participant

Wow, I’m not feeling good about my new MC. The VP of my company in charge of HR pulled me aside, a couple days ago to discuss NACA. He sounded worried that I might be getting scammed. He emailed the new MC about questions he has about the employment verification. Because of my government clearance, there was some information that is considered personal that he wasn’t going to divulge, and he wanted to discuss with my MC. So he requested a call back… After a week, nothing. I emailed my MC three time and left a message with the operator. Nothing!!! So, to have him pull me aside to question my involvement with NACA, because of my clearance he was making sure I wasn’t putting myself in a compromising position with them. I tried to explain, but he was giving me that look of me being a sucker. He expressed to me since he was retired military and moved many time which involved him buying many properties, he’s never experienced anything like NACA. He didn’t say that in a positive way.

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #2130
    cynmercy
    Participant

Update…. My new MC just emailed me. After reviewing my file, apparently my former MC messed up, because now from her email, I have to start all over. This was wonderful news to get today… NOT!!!! Serious I’ve been waiting since May to find out in August that my MC counselor screwed up….. I don’t how much more I can take of this….

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1978
    cynmercy
    Participant

Finally, received a response from my MC last Tuesday. He informed me that since he’s not licensed, he now has to transfer my file over to another MC that is… He said she should be contacting me by the end of the week. Which sounds good. Looks like my file is moving, even though it’s moving laterally, it is at least moving. So, I’ll see how long it takes for this new licensed MC to contact me. But my MC did respond back to all the emails I sent him. That is the MC I remember. I really am glad he’s felling better, I was really frustrated that I wasn’t hearing anything. A mass email to all his clients informing that he’s out of the office but our files are still being worked on would have been great. Like I said prior, I just wanted to know that my file was not stuck underneath a desk keeping it leveled. I just wanted to know whats going on. I’m not in a situation where I have to move immediately or I’m pressured to find a place by the time my lease ran out. I can bow out of my lease at any moment I want, that’s not an issue. But I do want to eventually move, so my file progressing would ensure that. I hope this MC isn’t going to be another stumbling block. I understand the need to have an unlicensed MC doing the initial paper work, I guess to help expedite the process. But a limited supply of licensed MC kind of worries me, meaning there is probably a long wait to get anything really done. Right now I’m just walking buy the _____.(For me it’s an electronics store) I want to get Qualified so I can actually walk into the store to get hands on, and to really experience it.

in reply to: RESPONSE FROM MC? #1774
    cynmercy
    Participant

@deachr519
    naca2012new…. You have to stay in their faces. I was the nice guy, and didn’t want to be one of their annoying clients. I hate dealing with them at work. But going on 3 1/2 months without a word on my Qualification status (where many people I talked to in my office say it talks up to 6weeks) has changed my mentality. I’m sending an email in everyday, since calling doesn’t get me to my MC nor the office manager. I’ve tried contacting Tim Trumble via email (at his request), with not results. You may have to become that crazy person that they would want to finish your file and get you out of their way… I’m just saying nice person doesn’t seem to work. It seems to be the way with a lot people that write in the forum. Nothing happen until they started making themselves known. I’m not saying go serial killer crazy, but constantly present.

in reply to: Submitted to Underwriting Today #1773
    cynmercy
    Participant

@channon1208
    Congratulations!!! I am very very very happy that you have finally made it to the end of this extremely long, tumultuous and disheartening journey… Following your journey has truly strengthen my hope, and I bet for everyone else here too, that the same will happen for us, hopefully a little quicker and less rockier. You have proven that giving up, which would be any of our first reactions, isn’t the way and to stick it out. I know I’m going to have to come back to re-read this many more times. Getting to the point where you were pretty much homeless, it shouldn’t have to come to that. Growing up with a single mother in government housing, I know that feeling. Never actually getting to that point but we came close many times. You would have thought that the situation you were in would have been a reason to give special attention to your case. But God has heard our prayers and is with you, for you will, by the end of the week will official be a home owner. The ultimate American dream. A sign of accomplishment. Your house will be your trophy to show you won the NACA challenge… And again “Congratulations” to you….

Now!!! One down, and the rest of us to go…. 🙂

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1758
    cynmercy
    Participant

Tim,
    Quick question for you… I’m getting the feeling with the workload our MC’s are experiencing, how do they know when the underwriter grant the qualifications? How are they notified? How are we notified.?

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1757
    cynmercy
    Participant

I did my fourth volunteering session this past Saturday. I was hoping to run into my MC, because he’s usually there (but wasn’t). I started talking to a few of the volunteers, who verified that my MC has been out of the office sick. It feel comforting to and horrible that people that felt bad about my situation, because they weren’t experiencing the same issue. Their MC’s were really good at returning emails. I did run into one couple that shared the same MC as myself. The husband did mention that our MC does mention he reads all emails but reads so many emails that he is unable to respond to everyone. That was nice to hear…. NOT!!! I’ve only written my MC 6 emails since May, He’s responded to only two and sent me on telling me he was out sick and doesn’t know what he’s going to do with my file. I don’t have the ability to just bow out of work and head down to meet my counselor everytime I have question about my file. We are short staff, so it becomes a burden on everyone a t work (I want a house, but I want my job too), parking and traffic in DC is horrible. So I really have to plan it out, pretty much use a vacation/sick leave which is the same thing. With that said, I did talk to one lady who started the same time in August and is on getting re-qualified because her original 90 days were up… Sad!!! The couple that shared the same MC really urged me to be patient with our MC. So, I won’t bad mouth my MC anymore, at least I don’t think I’ve bad mouth him. He I have to admit has been very help and keeps you on top of every thing when you’re in his office. But better communication would make him so much better.

in reply to: Unsure #1753
    cynmercy
    Participant

I feel the same. Just like in any other situation if you have a great experience you tell people verbally, but you don’t write it down. I guess that is what we’re seeing in the forum. I got referred by two co-workers who purchased their homes through NACA years ago. They didn’t experience the what I’m going through. They are shocked when I tell them what I’m going thru.

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1674
    cynmercy
    Participant

@disheartened,
    I’m totally with you. I feel like calling my HR department to see if my health care covers therapy, because this process is driving me crazy. Funny they don’t mention this lay in wait period of the process. I honestly would have bowed out and gone a conventional route, if I knew about this from the beginning, I’ve had no shortage of references for mortgage companies. I don’t like drama and this is a lot of drama. But since I’m in, I’ll hang in for a bit longer. Just like you, since my MC lead me to believe since February that I could be in my new place by summer, I’ve packed and started throwing stuff away that I wouldn’t be keeping when I moved. I’ve even done three volunteer session and I’ll be doing a fourth this weekend. It would really annoy me to know that I wasted my time waking up early Saturday mornings and driving to my volunteer site into the city, by the way this isn’t a quick drive. Maybe my counselor is working hard on my behalf, but with “lack of communication” i couldn’t tell. It would be nice to have someone to go to. But you have to think it starts at the top. Office managers set the standards of how their office would work. So, if you have multiple complaints, which you can read in multiple threads in the forum, there isn’t a high standard being set. But since I don’t work in the office I’m not going to say this is true, but I have to think that from my experience and from the experiences that you and other people seem to be experiencing. I really just want to get this process over.

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1663
    cynmercy
    Participant

Sorry about the rant. I didn’t proof read before submitting. But I think you can kind of get what I’m saying.

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1649
    cynmercy
    Participant

I called the DC office and I was able to get a hold of someone. I requested info on my file, so, I was asked who my MC was I told him, he informed me that today was my MC first day back from a leave of absence. So, I resent the email I sent on Monday requesting status of my file. So, I’m restarting the clock on how long will it take for my MC to get back to me. I understand that he wouldn’t get back to me immediately, with him to catch up… My biggest issue is what I’ve seen with most of the issue that people have with NACA is the lack of communication. I work in IT and I get massive of amounts of emails from people having some kind of issue everyday. I can’t get to everyone all at once but I do communicate with people. I do send emails acknowledging receipt of their email and letting them know I received their email and will research the issue. I’ll flag the email so I know to get back to them. But the notification/acknowledgement means the difference of someone worrying and temporary peace of mind. I do get the stress and over work they’re experiencing but good customer service goes a long way. Second issue: if I’m taking an extended leave of absence, I do make sure I’m covered, and let my customers know I’ll be out of the office and that their case is still being worked on… I think the reason so many people leave is the lack of communication. I’m starting to feel like my MC might have dropped the ball on file and submitted it late, that is the only reason I can think of for it taking this long. I’m not an angry person, I’m dropped the ball on things before, but when I realize what I’ve done, I continue to communicate with my customer, but work hard on the back in to resolve the issue… I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. I’m just saying courtesy goes a long way. For a program that’s trying to help keep people away from greedy mortgage companies, but having this kind of stand off communication, kind of helps push people to the greedy mortgage companies, just because of frustration mostly from the lack of communication… It’s like getting food at a five star restaurant on a trash can lid. The product is amazing but the presentation isn’t appealing. With all that I’m still going to stick it out with NACA…

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1607
    cynmercy
    Participant

Wow! I’ve now experienced a weird situation. I called the DC office today. Since it was a slow day, I called from the landline at my desk. Since my MC’s voicemail is full, I pressed zero for the operator. I’ve been on hold from about 3pm to now (6:08pm). Not once did I get to talk to someone. Has anyone ever talked to the operator? I’m getting the feeling that this is a recording that is on a loop.

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1600
    cynmercy
    Participant

Thanks Channon1208,
    I have followed you on this forum. I’ve seen the struggle you have been put through. I’ll stick it out. Thanks for the advice. I tried calling my MC multiple times, but his Voicemail is full. So, that probably means he’s still out sick which is going on 3weeks now, or he just doesn’t check his voicemail. I’ve tried contacting the office manager. The DC office, it so hard getting someone on the phone. I’ve been to the office, funny I’ve never seen the them bombarded by calls. But anyway, I’ll try emailing the service link for home purchase. And I’ll keep giving them a call. Stupid me for droping my unlimited minutes

in reply to: Totally feels like I'm getting the shaft #1589
    cynmercy
    Participant

Lets see, one day down with no response to my email for status on my file. I wonder how long it’ll take for a reply, if I even do get a reply.

in reply to: Submitted to Underwriting Today #1582
    cynmercy
    Participant

Hello @TTrumble
    On June 26, 2012 at 12:59 pm, you left a message on is thread to email you my NACA ID, I emailed you my information. Were you able to review my files. And yes I’ve email my MC, he emailed me back that he was out for a week because he was sick and would email me the friday of that week. No statement as to why it’s three months since my file has been with underwriters. That was two weeks ago and haven’t heard from him since. my email address is ravenhunter1975@yahoo.com.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)