nicholasTroyAnthony

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Can’t get past intake SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! #74973
    nicholasTroyAnthony
    Participant

Arachnophile: I agree with a lot of the points that you made in your post. Reading through many other posts from frustrated NACA participants I found a common theme in the response to be “please be patient” and derivatives of the same. I’m here to say that a lack of patience is not our issue. Not being able to speak directly with the underwriter to gain a full and complete understanding of what is needed that’s the issue. Blatantly unresponsive counselors that’s the issue! Counselors who themselves have no idea what the underwriter is asking for or in the words of Nelsont “underwriter is more conservative than the counselor” that’s the issue. If I can’t speak directly to the underwriter then certainly the counselor and the underwriter should be on the same page.

Then we are asked to come onto this forum to get help with our issues where we are only ever told to “be patient”.

My most recent conditions apparently stem from how my Counsler calculated my affordability which the underwriter did not agree with. Now because I can’t contact the underwriter I have to rely on my Counsler to remedy the issue. This man is undertrained and over worked no offense to him but that’s just the truth of the matter. And now my choices are stick with him or start all over. Because he is not as knowledgeable as other NACA agents he is mostly depending on the underwriters to tell him what he has missed. During our last phone conversation he stated that we would continue to come back to the table everytime the underwriters requested more until we got it right. I’m frustrated by this because if he doesn’t know what he’s doing with 2 weeks between appointments this could easily take another year assuming NACA is actually interested in actually providing this product to me.

There has got to be a way to hold the counselors and NACA as a whole accountable. NACA says repeatedly that they are fighting for communities and lower income individuals to be able to buy homes but in practice this just does not seem to be true. In my experience our time and monetary investment is totally disregarded by NACA. Non-profit community based organization or not you should not be able to treat paying participants in this manner. I want to see how Bruce Marks or Tim Trimble would feel going through the NACA program today.

in reply to: Purchasing the home you are currently renting #74643
    nicholasTroyAnthony
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Is there any additional documentation needed any specifics or details you can provide?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)