elherdz

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #75038
    elherdz
    Participant

I’m so glad, congratulations! Thanks for sharing so much. By any chance did you have to also put prepaids (interest and insurance, anything else) in escrow and did they charge a fee for that too?

We can only hope our closing goes as smoothly in June. Happy homeownership to you!

in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #75024
    elherdz
    Participant

Hi! I have been wondering how yours and @mariaavacado’s closings went?

in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #74901
    elherdz
    Participant

Thanks for the update! Best of luck tomorrow

in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #74883
    elherdz
    Participant

When I was finally able to reach someone at the national office by phone to get an answer to this issue (i.e. by choosing the “expedite my file” option on the auto system), the Chicago regional manager called me in the middle of that call. To put that long story short, she said a lot of contradictory things, did not listen well, and was not helpful.

Where we are now: waiting for our closing on June 8th to see what actually happens and what costs we are responsible for. No clear answers, still. Sorry I couldn’t provide any helpful insights but at this point, we are just hoping and praying the closing goes smoothly. Hopefully Tim Trumble can help all of us clarify this confusion and lack of clarity.

in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #74882
    elherdz
    Participant

Hi @sunflower8,

I am wondering how your closing went in terms of what costs you were ultimately responsible for? Thanks!

in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #74598
    elherdz
    Participant

Hi Hilary,

Can I ask a follow-up question? We keep getting the run-around 🙁

Did you have your own attorney for your closing or was there only the closing attorney(i.e. that represents Bank of America?) Or better yet, did you have an attorney helping you with negotiations before you got to the closing table?

Thanks.

in reply to: Attorney Fees and Other Closing Costs #74583
    elherdz
    Participant

Many many many thanks,Tim. We really felt like it didn’t make any sense but did not want to miss our inspection review period which he was/is in the middle of negotiating.

We will inform our attorney of your forum message and email communications at NACA asap. Again, we greatly appreciate your support.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)