sole8771

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Prove me wrong, NACA. #76504
    sole8771
    Participant

I’m so happy that you stuck with it. And I feel that this is an awesome opportunity to share your complete experience. The highs and the lows and the joy that came after the frustration. My heart is so warm right now. Your story will inspire many to keep going and to not give up. It’s so worth it, and this is yet one more instance that proves it.

Congratulations to you!!!

sole8771
    Participant

Bernice-

Your next step would be to communicate through the chain of command associated with who your counselor reports to. Express your concerns in a formal email and copy the Regional on the discussion to have additional dialogue. It sounds like there is a discussion which will take place which will provide a definitive decision about how to best advise members tomorrow, so they are aware that dialogue needs to take place. I’m very sorry that you are experiencing this. There’s also a complaint email that you can use and send your concerns to as well. It’s in the facebook group that you originally posted your concerns in.

sole8771
    Participant

In the Purchase Resources section of the website, the homebuyer workshop powerpoint presentation v21.1 beginning on slide 15 explains what I have just stated. The new qualification workbook does not appear to be present just yet though.

sole8771
    Participant

Good day. You are still limited to purchasing in areas which do not go above 100% as a non priority member. That rule is unchanged. What has changed is the following:

1) As a Non Priority member, if you want to get the priority member rate, you would need to purchase in an area that is lower than 80%.

2) If you decide to purchase in an area that is between 81% and 100%, you will get the Non Priority member rate.

in reply to: TheWorkNumber doesn’t work #75593
    sole8771
    Participant

I’ll add to my previous post that even though you are able to obtain this report for free, and it has all of your data on it, there is verbiage which states the following:

“The information provided in this document is an unofficial report, intended for personal use by the employee-recipient only. It is not intended for verification purposes. Using this document for consumer verification purposes could constitute a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and result in a monetary fine. If someone is asking you to provide verification of employment or income, please direct them to theworknumber dot com.”

So even though, you are able to pull this report down yourself, your counselor may still not accept it because it’s intended for personal use and not to make lending decisions. So either, you’d be responsible for paying for the official version, or following the steps that your counselor and HR ask you to follow in order to get your employment verified.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by sole8771.
    in reply to: Thanks for nothing #75592
    sole8771
    Participant

Your post brings no value to any conversation on this forum. It is completely understandable to be frustrated when you feel that you have done all that you can and are met with a brick wall, but let’s try and be mindful about the goal and how to effectively navigate accomplishing it. There’s a member service telephone number that you can reach out to, and then there’s also another attempt that you can make to sign up for a new workshop. If you call this a nightmare, and that’s all that it takes to get you frustrated, then bless you because this process is not for the faint at heart and ABSOLUTELY requires a level of patience and persistence on the member’s part. Whatever it is that you decide to do, good luck to you.

in reply to: TheWorkNumber doesn’t work #75591
    sole8771
    Participant

EMPLOYEE DATA REPORT INSTRUCTIONS

1. Go to the work number website
    2. Under the Solutions dropdown click ‘Employment Data Report”
    3. Click ‘Request Your Data”
    4. Click “Sign Up”
    5. In the Search Employers box, type your employer’s name and hit the mag
    6. Click your employer’s info
    7. Click “Select Employer”
    8. Establish your username
    9. Establish your password
    10. Follow the prompts
    11. Click ‘Request Instant Online Report”
    12. Populate your information in each dropdown with an asterisk
    13. Click “Get Instant Online Report”
    14. Click “Print Instant Employment Data Report”
    15. Save as a PDF on your device/computer
    16. Email to your NACA email address

*NOTE* Your Employee Data Report will list every single job that you have ever had if the employer past/present uses or has used The Work Number and they update. So even if you are having issues retrieving your report under your current employer, you can still try and find one that doesn’t require you to be logged on to the company’s intranet site or to have their password and id, etc. Hopefully, this helps.

in reply to: Prove me wrong, NACA. #75427
    sole8771
    Participant

I understand. Please go to Facebook and join the NACA “Unofficial” Group. Post your post there. There are employees in that group who are very helpful. Please don’t post the “Prove Me Wrong” manifesto over there. Just explain what has happened just like you did in your last two posts. I understand your frustrations. I am happy that your file has moved forward for qualification. Saddened that you missed out on the house that you wanted. There are people who have run into your same issue. Join the group, and hopefully, you will find answers and help there.

sole8771
    Participant

I don’t think they intend for any of it to feel like a bait and switch tactic. Is this policy change being rolled out in a less than desirable way? Absolutely. Is it disappointing to have to see an email communication that was shared to just a small few and then be left to interpret what it all means? Yes indeed. Is it upsetting to know that even employees are confused about how to interpret that communication? Yes….Yes to pretty much all of it. But again…What’s done is done. I think about when I first found out about NACA and I attended the HBW back in 2019. At that time, some changes had newly been implemented and more with regard to Citibank and BofA. There were changes with regard to fees, etc. Recently, there was discussion about the membership dues being increased, etc. This program has been in existence since the 80s. I imagine contractual negotiations that brought about substantial changes have happened time and time again. Those who were in the middle of the process felt strongly about those changes, and then those who just were getting started probably weren’t even privy to the fact that those changes are new. I’ll be glad when the new books are out, slideshows and the website are updated, and enough people close to where we can get some data and feedback about things from beginning to end. Right now, all any of us are doing based on that email are speculating and allowing that to influence feelings.

sole8771
    Participant

I think it’s equally important to understand that updated workbooks, documentation, and additional communications will be forthcoming once the actual date gets here. And none of us can really assume that said documentation and communications aren’t already set to go live once the new rules are in place. At this point in the juncture, we really have no choice but to wait and see. That’s literally all that we can do or find another organization to use to complete our transactions with from a home buying perspective. We might not like it, but what’s done is done already.

sole8771
    Participant

Thank you.

sole8771
    Participant

@TTrumble. I interpret your response as Non Priority Members now having the ability to purchase in census tracts where the median income is above 100%. Is this correct? So we can now buy in neighborhoods above 100% if we are Non Priority?

in reply to: Prove me wrong, NACA. #75012
    sole8771
    Participant

I think you need to learn to manage your expectations and perhaps assess whether or not this program is for you. This is not a question of whether or not the organization is a scam or fraud or anyone needing to prove you wrong. There are testimonies and well documented accounts of other’s experiences purchasing through NACA readily available on social media platforms and throughout these forums. Take the time to read, commit to your understanding, and manage your expectations. As you have stated, you are in your opinion, well qualified with a number of options to purchase by other means. If this program does not meet your needs or your expectations great or small, you can and should explore those options. You logging on to the organization’s platform to call them a fraud or question the success rate of others brings no value to the conversation, nor does it assist you in getting your needs met. You’ve missed the mark greatly without providing any real details concerning the “what”.

1. Did you have an action plan that you agreed to follow with your counselor?
    2. Did you have a follow up or “to do by” date?
    3. If you had that date, did you and your counselor agree to schedule a follow up session by that date?
    4. Did you actually schedule it, or are you saying you have had difficulty being able to schedule?
    5. Did you address all of your action plan items before your follow up and then expect to be pushed to the front before your scheduled date because you finished early?
    6. You’ve said a whole lot of something, but not really much of anything that would assist anyone with assisting you. Can you answer questions 1-5 and help us all understand what your point is? It’s coming off like you’re really just looking for someone to argue with. Kind of haughty tbh.

in reply to: Achieve The Dream Dates #74266
    sole8771
    Participant

Thank you. That’s unfortunate, but okay. It is what it is.

in reply to: Closing Timeline! #74264
    sole8771
    Participant

Congratulations!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)