the4byrds

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Non Priority Area, Confused #69767
    the4byrds
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

@pratik
    , @Peapod0609 thank you so much for your input and for reassuring me that I have my facts straight. I still have not gotten a reply, but I know they have been busy with the Achieve the Dream events for the past several weeks. It is just frustrating that in the time we spent emailing back and forth he could have simply verified that all of the information was correct (I am almost certain he is looking at the tiny part of Morrisville that is in Durham County, but I am in Wake County). Now I feel like I am being ignored (I am trying not to “go there”). It also does not help that the Counselor helping me apparently is the Regional Director, so it seems that the only other help I can possibly get would be from Bruce Marks himself. I do not enjoy going over people’s heads but I also will not allow someone to toss me to the side either. We are at a point in the process where each step is extremely time-sensitive and I don’t have weeks to wait for someone to make a simple correction. I am truly at a loss, but at least I have finally stopped crying. @pratik I have been praying through this entire tumultuous process. LOL

On a somewhat positive note I was able to find a property that is within a priority area, but it costs more than the one I want and needs work.

Thanks again, everyone!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by the4byrds. Reason: Correction: additional information added
    in reply to: Non Priority Area, Confused #69754
    the4byrds
    Participant

I have a similar problem. We were waiting on our PSL from our MC this morning only to be told we were not considered priority members. 1st, this Status has never been mentioned during this entire process and our affordability letter states that we are priority members. 2nd, I checked the median income before we began the process so that I would know what to expect and we fall below the listed median income. Our MC keeps telling us that the median for Morrisville, NC is $75100 but the FFIEC website says it is $93100. Our income falls just under this amount. Additionally the house we want to purchase also fall under the same $93100 median income.

My home tract code is 0532.23 Raleigh/Cary median percentage 152.55%

The tract code for my intended purchase is 0532.05 Raleigh/Cary median percentage 135.15%

Can someone please explain what I am missing? We spoke to our counselor on the phone and emailed back and forth a few times. I have sent screenshots showing this information and he suddenly stopped replying.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

in reply to: Incorrect/Missing Information on Affordability Form #69571
    the4byrds
    Participant

Hi @TTrumble, we did request approval for a monthly payment higher than our rent. We were able to speak to our MC and he assured us that the Shock payment pattern has been included in our file but because our income amount was listed so much lower than expected the debt ration reduced the amount we can “afford” to just under the amount we pay for rent. He did find that my income was entered based on my 2019 w-2 but I make substantially more now so that has been corrected, increasing our affordability by more than $400. Now if we can get the insurance allowance added in we will be back in business and can put an offer in on our dream house!

Thanks for your help, I will email you my info.

in reply to: Incorrect/Missing Information on Affordability Form #69570
    the4byrds
    Participant

@Nelsont what you are saying definitely makes sense. However, I believe this may be slightly different as this additional income is listed on every paycheck at an hourly rate, not as a bonus amount. We were able to talk to our MC and he is going to check into this further… so we will see. He did also let us know that there is no guarantee that they will accept it. I definitely appreciated his candor as opposed to being blindsided.

Thanks for your input.

in reply to: Incorrect/Missing Information on Affordability Form #69560
    the4byrds
    Participant

Update: They corrected part of the income discrepancy but will not include his insurance allowance in the gross income even though it is part of it, we even have a letter stating so. What can we do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)