clafontant05

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    clafontant05
    Participant

Hi David,

I am sorry that you are having such a horrible experience. I can tell you from my own experiences that NACA is not a scam. My husband and I recently purchased our dream home with NACA in DC. The process was long and at times unnecessarily complicated but nearly a year into the program, we purchased our room and bought our interest rate down to 1.125 for 30 years. I am not sure which office you are working with, but I worked with the DC office and MC did her best. even while being overwhelmed.

Keep at it! It works!
    Christina

in reply to: FINALLY CLOSED! #70927
    clafontant05
    Participant

Can you please share her contact info? My husband and I would like to reach out to her.

in reply to: NEED HELP WITH PROPERTY SPECIFIC LETTER URGENT #70921
    clafontant05
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your responses. I was very surprised that MC emailed it to me on a Sunday!!! So thankful. However we did not get the property because of. the closing time. MC verified with the agent’s sellers that it is now 30-45days no rehab. Starting to feel discouraged

in reply to: NEED HELP WITH PROPERTY SPECIFIC LETTER URGENT #70784
    clafontant05
    Participant

Thank you! I contacted the local office and I was told that only customer service is available and she couldn’t help me. She told me that the only thing they could do is email my MC. I honestly don’t see the point in her doing that since i’ve already emailed MC and I never get a response.

I am telling my agent to proceed without the letter for now.

Thank you for your responses!

in reply to: 15YR loan #70712
    clafontant05
    Participant

ok. thank you. That is very helpful.

in reply to: Questions about offer #70604
    clafontant05
    Participant

Ok. Thank you. But as far as NACA goes we can’t offer the difference in cash can we?

in reply to: 2019 vs 2020 Conforming Loan Limits #70417
    clafontant05
    Participant

I called the DC office and asked for his email. I also emailed my MC multiple times and made sure to include my NACA id. number in the subject line.

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70336
    clafontant05
    Participant

I was very clear in asking about the 2020 loan limit and even mentioned that there is a conversation on the forum. his response seemed to indicated to me that thy are about to communicate to NACA offices that the amount will not change to meet the 2020 numbers. I am also very disappointed as I am losing out on a house yet again.

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70335
    clafontant05
    Participant

This is the response i was given by Mr. Benjamin Codjoe-Regional operations director.

Hello Christina,

The entire team is aware but I’ve copied them on this email to clarify. Per NACA CEO, we are not exceeding 2019 conforming loan limits. See attached for the limit per county and note the high cost areas are the ones with single family limit at $726, 525. If that changes, we will update our policy to reflect it. Thank you for reaching out to me!

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70326
    clafontant05
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I know some of you are waiting to find out if NACA will increase the amount for 2020 loans. The answer i was given Saturday is No per NACA CEO. Just thought i’d update you.

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70294
    clafontant05
    Participant

I really hope @Ttrumble can help because I have had 3 offers rejected because i’ve been short of the asking price by about 10k. I really need the max amount to find something in DC.

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70292
    clafontant05
    Participant

Mr. Nelson,

I just emailed MC and again she is telling me that she is not aware of this change and can’t do anything about it. I’m super confused and honestly starting to get frustrated.

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70291
    clafontant05
    Participant

Well that is why I am also confused. When asked abut this I was told that NACA is choosing not to increase the amount. Should I ask my MC to resubmit my husband and I for qualification? My husband and I already qualified for the mAx amount in May.

We are trying to purchase in DC since my husband and i work in DC and our kid goes to daycare in DC.

I’m really confused here. I have given up on 3 houses already because they were slightly over the 726k amount and I was told in very clear terms via email that the amount is not changing.

Is there anyone I can talk to to get this changed?

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70289
    clafontant05
    Participant

Could it be that we need to be resubmitted for qualification to get the higher amount? We were qualified back end of May.

in reply to: Info about new loan limit #70288
    clafontant05
    Participant

Mr. Nelson,

Now I am more confused. Looking at the map it says it’s 530-765. If I was told I qualified for the max amount, shouldn’t it be 765? MC and her office manager don’t seem to know anything about this. Can you please advise me on this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)