purdynerdy

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 177 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Trying to get my contractor paid #75569
    purdynerdy
    Participant

Don’t use NACA. It’s way more stress and trouble than it’s worth.

Just like other areas of NACA. They are slow, inefficient with too heavy of a workload.

I should get participation credits for steering people away. They can’t even handle the workload they have now.

purdynerdy
    Participant

Looping back to this.

My rehab with NACA has been less than ideal. Also 1 year post close and it’s not finished yet.

“Roughly a year ago, the HAND department switched over to an electronic payment system in which funds are directly transferred into the contractor’s account rather than by check. As long as the work was done and the documentation submitted properly, contractors get paid in a matter of days.

In short, contractors on have to show they are legitimate businesses with a business license, business liability insurance and a company bank account, then just do the job completely and properly for everything to go smoothly in dealing with the HAND department.”

It’s DEFINITELY not true! NACA HAND does not pay contractors in a timely manner. It takes so much to get the attention of the department. I try emailing, calling, posting on forums/social media, evaluation forms, webinars, escalation department….and it still take FOREVER for someone to get back with me. I’m not missing paper work. I have a great contractor. I make sure everything is done and completed properly.

How do you expect NACA members wanting to do a Rehab to even find a contractor to even want to work with NACA? I specifically remember searching for a contractors on the NACA provided list and over 50% of them refused to work with NACA anymore.

I’m so ready to be done. Thinking about a Rehab with NACA -RUN! Don’t do it!

in reply to: Trying to get my contractor paid #75557
    purdynerdy
    Participant

I did for my last draw. Now I’m having to do the same waiting game for the next one. My contractor is understandably frustrated.

I will NOT recommend a rehab. HAND is just so difficult to work with. I’m just ready to be done.

in reply to: Trying to get my contractor paid #75065
    purdynerdy
    Participant

@TTrumble

Any insight on this please. Is there someone higher up I can escalate this to (aside from the HAND Director – who doesn’t return my emails)?

in reply to: Trying to get my contractor paid #75008
    purdynerdy
    Participant

You can get partial draws based on completed work. They already received one. They don’t have to wait until everything is completed.

Not every contractor does construction loans. Contractors in my area are usually cash funded. Even certified 203k contractors rely on a consistently funded project and at least with other programs they get it faster.

I just can’t wait to be done. My contractor is moving so quickly and is working despite pay, but there something they cannot do without funds.

in reply to: refusal to acknowledge offer #72882
    purdynerdy
    Participant

I’ve had offers ignored because the seller didn’t want to deal with late closing. However, if they are completely clueless as to what NACA is, your realtor should really be selling and explaining the NACA product to the seller’s agent.

Do you have an in-house or outside agent?

in reply to: VOE | Self Verification? #72305
    purdynerdy
    Participant

Back when they had in office appointments, my MC had me access my own free report on the work number website. Once I did, she downloaded it and uploaded it to my file for qualification.

No hiccups.

in reply to: Appliances After Closing #71628
    purdynerdy
    Participant

@TAdams – then you should be able to get it taken care of. Perhap HAND is missing that point and assume it’s wishlist.

in reply to: Appliances After Closing #71624
    purdynerdy
    Participant

The title clearly states they are trying to buy appliances after close. Not before.

@TAdams
    – are the appliances listed as a required repair or wishlist?

I ask because NACA would make sure that the required repairs is completed before getting “wishlist” items and appliances.

in reply to: boa grant #71556
    purdynerdy
    Participant

As NACA members, I don’t think we are eligible for BOA grants offered to the public.

There is automatic 0.5 interest rate reduction from. BOA for NACA members making up to 80% of their MSA. But it’s only in select areas.

purdynerdy
    Participant

@Ttrumble

I always appreciate your replies. They are insightful. But you can’t believe every contractor who has gripes with NACA HAND department are sour grapes who do not want to follow the rules. The electronic payment may be fast, but the administrative side to process the draw request can be slow. I’ve experienced NACA HAND delays myself.

My prefered contractor is reputable and has an extensive portfolio with investment properties, 203k’s and is NACA approved. His main complaint is Hand’s slowness and I will likely be his last NACA client.

purdynerdy
    Participant

Ok.

I’m just trying to navigate this all. I ran into several contractors that require a deposit and it’s limiting my options.

I even had contractors from the NACA approved list email me and state that they don’t do NACA because of their slow reimbursements. It’s really a disserve to the members who want to revitalize a home in a neighborhood.

purdynerdy
    Participant

I have. The one I’m interested in working with a 203k contractor.

I’m just curious how this will all work. It was difficult enough trying to find a contractor to work with NACA. Delaying their payment will be the last thing I would like to do.

Did you do a rehab?

in reply to: Co Borrower #71251
    purdynerdy
    Participant

Perhaps the MC/underwriter is fearfulthat he will move out and will no longer contribute to the household, thus making your mortgage unaffordable?

If you want to increase your buying power, you could buy down your interest rate.

in reply to: Plz share your “wish” items played by HAND #71208
    purdynerdy
    Participant

Remodeling the basement (hasn’t been touch since the 60s). It will include adding a bedroom and bath.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 177 total)