mrstaylor

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: PROPERTY TAXES ADJUSTMENT #74763
    mrstaylor

Hello Tim,

I contacted the escrow department and requested an analysis in January. It took quite some time and a lot of follow up but finally they corrected. The monthly payment went from $1314 to the nice and super low $935.50 that we expected/budgeted for.
    I did have to make the higher payment for Feb and March but April will reflect the correction.

Thank you!!

in reply to: Property Taxes Adjustment #74367
    mrstaylor

Update: if anyone is in this situation call this number 866-265–3511 for the BofA escrow office. Request an escrow analysis. If your payment is changing it will take 60 days to take reflect.

in reply to: Property Taxes Adjustment #73946
    mrstaylor

Right, I do understand that but during closing they collected enough to cover about 2 years of taxes. And this year alone I would be paying 4K in taxes vs my new build neighbors $800 (same floor plan and sq ft). It’s just not a reasonable estimation. I would rather have that amount monthly to continue saving.

If I find out how to get this reviewed prior to the 1 year mark I’ll put the answer here.

in reply to: Property Taxes Adjustment #73920
    mrstaylor

Yes, the fact that I’ve prepaid well over the taxes for the next few years combined and the additional $350 a month is frustrating. I wonder how often they are required to review the escrow account? I don’t mind waiting for the refund check but I prefer to not have the higher payment for a year.

I just couldn’t for the life of me understand why they estimated 5x more what the rate in the area was.

in reply to: HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS-NACA TIMELINE #73307
    mrstaylor

Thank you!! I got my commitment letter 4 days after my file was received at the bank and initial cd 13 days after. I tried to break the 21 days turn around because my file was really clean but I think 21 is truly the average from bank app received by BofA to close.

in reply to: Incredibly confused- Closing disclosure #73275
    mrstaylor

My MC just sent the final CD the monthly payment is still about $400 off. Is this normal?

in reply to: Incredibly confused- Closing disclosure #73273
    mrstaylor

Well, my file says clear to close- final and that my VVOE was completed. I haven’t received the final CD yet though. I hope I get it tomorrow and can finally schedule the closing. I can’t afford anymore delays, we’ll already owe the builder $1200 because of the per diem.

in reply to: closing crazies inevitable #73238
    mrstaylor

Thank you for that clarification, Tim. The CD was created today, we are on our way!

in reply to: closing crazies inevitable #73221
    mrstaylor

Thanks Nelsont. I’ll hope that it was issued last week but I won’t hold my breath. I’m not sure that my MC corrected the 1003 yet.. apparently I’m the 3rd ? named after my mom and grandma.. who have different names. Lol

in reply to: closing crazies inevitable #73219
    mrstaylor

Does anyone know in what instances the 3 day rule can be waived?

in reply to: closing crazies inevitable #73202
    mrstaylor

You’re right I forgot about the Monday thing.. thank you for that! I thought there was a 3 day wait period from when you get the CD to when you can close?

in reply to: Large Purchase in Bank App phase #72769
    mrstaylor

thank you, Nelsont. My MC said it makes sense to purchase the big ticket items while they’re on sale and just immediately write the LOE. It just makes me nervous! I don’t want to delay or sabotage my own closing but I also hate paying full price LOL.

in reply to: CREDIT ACCESS DELAY #72705
    mrstaylor

I just want to share in my excitement… I’m credit access approved and signing my bank app this afternoon. My prayers for a new house by Christmas are being answered! ☺️

in reply to: CREDIT ACCESS DELAY #72676
    mrstaylor

thank you, @Nelsont. I will do that. I was under that impression because my MC said in an email “CREDIT ACCESS: (starts as soon as the seller accepts your offer, signs the Purchase Contract and your realtor uploads it into your web-file –you have three (3) days to complete this stage to meet regulatory requirements), each day you go past the 3rd day, it adds 3 days on to your closing date” so I thought it was odd that she was taking more than 3 days to review my docs.

in reply to: ACCEPTED OFFER IN A SUPER SELLERS MARKET #72541
    mrstaylor

Thank you, @SkinsNation! Anything to keep us in the running a little longer! ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)