Forum Replies Created
I contacted the escrow department and requested an analysis in January. It took quite some time and a lot of follow up but finally they corrected. The monthly payment went from $1314 to the nice and super low $935.50 that we expected/budgeted for.
I did have to make the higher payment for Feb and March but April will reflect the correction.
Update: if anyone is in this situation call this number 866-265–3511 for the BofA escrow office. Request an escrow analysis. If your payment is changing it will take 60 days to take reflect.
Right, I do understand that but during closing they collected enough to cover about 2 years of taxes. And this year alone I would be paying 4K in taxes vs my new build neighbors $800 (same floor plan and sq ft). It’s just not a reasonable estimation. I would rather have that amount monthly to continue saving.
If I find out how to get this reviewed prior to the 1 year mark I’ll put the answer here.
Yes, the fact that I’ve prepaid well over the taxes for the next few years combined and the additional $350 a month is frustrating. I wonder how often they are required to review the escrow account? I don’t mind waiting for the refund check but I prefer to not have the higher payment for a year.
I just couldn’t for the life of me understand why they estimated 5x more what the rate in the area was.
Thank you!! I got my commitment letter 4 days after my file was received at the bank and initial cd 13 days after. I tried to break the 21 days turn around because my file was really clean but I think 21 is truly the average from bank app received by BofA to close.
My MC just sent the final CD the monthly payment is still about $400 off. Is this normal?
Well, my file says clear to close- final and that my VVOE was completed. I haven’t received the final CD yet though. I hope I get it tomorrow and can finally schedule the closing. I can’t afford anymore delays, we’ll already owe the builder $1200 because of the per diem.
Thank you for that clarification, Tim. The CD was created today, we are on our way!
Thanks Nelsont. I’ll hope that it was issued last week but I won’t hold my breath. I’m not sure that my MC corrected the 1003 yet.. apparently I’m the 3rd ? named after my mom and grandma.. who have different names. Lol
Does anyone know in what instances the 3 day rule can be waived?
You’re right I forgot about the Monday thing.. thank you for that! I thought there was a 3 day wait period from when you get the CD to when you can close?
thank you, Nelsont. My MC said it makes sense to purchase the big ticket items while they’re on sale and just immediately write the LOE. It just makes me nervous! I don’t want to delay or sabotage my own closing but I also hate paying full price LOL.
I just want to share in my excitement… I’m credit access approved and signing my bank app this afternoon. My prayers for a new house by Christmas are being answered! ☺️
thank you, @Nelsont. I will do that. I was under that impression because my MC said in an email “CREDIT ACCESS: (starts as soon as the seller accepts your offer, signs the Purchase Contract and your realtor uploads it into your web-file –you have three (3) days to complete this stage to meet regulatory requirements), each day you go past the 3rd day, it adds 3 days on to your closing date” so I thought it was odd that she was taking more than 3 days to review my docs.