Tara585

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: My Journey to ownership!!! Timeline #58703
    Tara585

@living20057 I attended the ATD event also a few months ago and went after work. It was practically empty and the people I did meet were from out of town and the colunteers were really rushing everyone I guess due to the time. I have met a really ice lady at a grant orientation(waste of time doesnt work with NACA) and she is in the same boat as I am. Feeling alone and stressed about the la k of available properties and obnoxious property taxes.

in reply to: My Journey to ownership!!! Timeline #58667
    Tara585

Im in upstate NY and I havent read o e post to my knowledge from someone using NACA in my area. Would love to connect with anyone in my neck of the woods. My home search is going nowhere.

in reply to: CTC Final, VOE – About to lose money & house #58470
    Tara585

Congrats to you lgunter84! I have been so worried about you and whether they were going to get it together on time. Im so happy for you! Im onky in the home search phase and so far Its not working out for me at all! Get your keysand enjoy your new home!!!!

in reply to: CTC Final, VOE – About to lose money & house #50667
    Tara585

@lgunter84 I’m happy things are looking better for you. I have been following you on YouTube and I have cried along with you and have been excited when you had good news. I’m absolutely happy things are looking up! Keep us updated and definitely I’m going to need a video when you get your keys and when you move into your NEW HOME!!!

in reply to: Home search process #50639
    Tara585

@Nelsont there are a few personal reasons why I want to purchase now. More so issues Ive placed on myself. Im saving up every dime I can right now. Ive stopped giving my money away like I seem to always do. Everyone knows I cant help anyone because Im putting myself first for once. In Rochester real cheap apartments comes with slum lords and violence.
    My realtor keeps telling me to be patient the right home will come. I know this. There are two open houses this weekend Im going to see them. Im taking your advice. Im going to find my home.

in reply to: Home search process #50586
    Tara585

Ive been thinking on whether or not I should even entertain the idea of seller assist since homes are going ao quickly. I went to an orientation at a local organization that offers grant opportunties and I wasted almost 2 hours in this class only to find out at the very end they dont work with NACA. At this rate Im going to have to give up on getting grant money to help buy-down the interest rate. This is all eginning to really suck.

in reply to: Home search process #50548
    Tara585

@peapod0609, @southflorida, @Nelsont yes Im in Rochester, NY. Homes are flying off the market before they are even listed. Houses are under contract sometimes within hours of being listed. A home was listed for 6 hours before it was updated to pending. I read the same article and my heart dropped. If I were looking for a home in the $200,000 range I would have my pick of homes all day everyday. They can stay active for a long time.
    I actually got a response to my house specific approval from my counselor TODAY. Found out the House went under contract Sunday morning! Believe it or not, the approval letter was for the WRONG HOUSE! A house thats not even on the market. Lol…not.

in reply to: Home search process #50516
    Tara585

I have plans to move in with my parents so I dont have to renew my lease or go month to month which adds over $300 to what I pay now which I would never do. I have been interested in homes and when I send the info to my counselor (property specific approval) about three houses were under contract before I even got a reaponse from the counselor or never got a reaponse. I dont really have too much to buy down the interest and Im having a hard time finding grants to help with that. I would have loved to get a new build but the cheapest new build in my area starts at $200,000 so thats not an option. So far the houses Im interested in have been out of reach unless I have between $7-10,000 to buy down. Im not giving up but this process is nothing like House Hunters LOL.

in reply to: Home search process #50449
    Tara585

Thanks guys. I guess Im being overly anxious. I havent been able to get into a house yet. They go super fast and what doesnt go fast has lots of issues. My lease is up in October so I was hopi g to be able to move into my new home from my apartment. Im sure thats not going to happen. My relator told me to not waste my time looking on zillow or redfin as the homes listed on those sites are usually a few days old and homes here are already sold by the time they show up. Ive driven arou d areas I like ut even those signs on lawns are usually not update as sold until you look online. Whats for me will come as my family keep saying.

in reply to: Housing Search… #50432
    Tara585

I just started my house search and the in-house realtor is very nice and always said if your not satisfied with the realtor FIRE THAT PERSON! I actually have decided to go with outside realtor because I fear being forced into something for time sake. I havent even seen a house yet because of whats available. Im not settling for just anything. Take your time. Your the one payi g the mortgage!

in reply to: I'm Qualified!! Now what? #50316
    Tara585

I have a meeting with a new agent in about an hour. If I dont focus on a purchase price and my qualification form says on amount when my new counselor says an amount $20,000 less what price range do I give the agent to look for? When taxes vary in my hometwon from city to suburbs Im complete loss. And during the purchase workshop the kept saying not to show the agent the qualification form ever! This is going to be a crazy appointment.

in reply to: Outside Realtor #50315
    Tara585

I had to fire an outside agent because she kept trying to get me to speak to loan officers even though she knew I was going through the NACA program. I spoke briefly with an In-house agent and Im just not sure about that either.

in reply to: Qualified But No Further Information #50239
    Tara585

@Nelsont, I know it is going to sound like a crazy question but how is it possible for a person to use their MRF to buy-down their interest rate? I thought those funds were to be used for fees and ernest money? I must be totally confused on all of this.

in reply to: I'm Qualified!! Now what? #50221
    Tara585

When they were going over the mortgage calculator they entered for the Tax rate: 30%. When I asked them why did they use that number the guy said it was because NYS has an extremely high taxes which is why I can’t afford a higher priced home. I just don’t understand the mortgage calculator. I’m hoping to get seller assist but I’m sure it will not be that much. The price range I saw in the homes in my desired area are going for $120,000. Not much at all compared to other cities. The funny thing is the amount of my MRF went from $2800 to $1800. That’s great but I doubt the remainder would be enough to buy down the rate very much if at all.

in reply to: I'm Qualified!! Now what? #50179
    Tara585

So my counselor was taking too long to get back to me regarding the purchase workshop (actually she really wasn’t I’m just excited!). So I called my local office to ask about the workshop. The lady on the line was so nice and she informed me I was in luck they were having a workshop tomorrow (yesterday)! So I got signed up for it! Once I arrived, I was informed that since I was attending the workshop locally NOW I have a local counselor going forward. I almost walked out. I really liked my remote counselor. She was the BEST! But it’s not about liking someone its about getting into my new home. So there was only two people in the workshop!! Myself and a really nice older gentlemen. Not a problem at all. My counselor was the presenter. Even better. So were going over our forms. and my qualification form stated the exact information my remote counselor stated regarding desired payment and purchase price. GREAT! Then my chair was knocked from under me. The have the desired payment I would only be qualified for a purchase price $20,000 less than the amount on my qualification form!!! I ALMOST PASSED OUT! WTH!! There is no way I can find the home I want for that price. You can settle for a car that doesnt have a sunroof but you can’t settle for a home you don’t want, it costs too much. Now what am I going to do?????

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)