Survivor

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48743
    Survivor

I have no problem with my full name, but NACA wants me to “officially” pick one. With or without my middle name. I can not just pick one. I sign with or without it depending on who wants what or how I do it. I can not just pick one after countless decades of writing with my middle or not.

I have proved where I live (or stuck at) but I told NACA they will open a can of worms I was hoping not to deal with for another couple of months. As I called it, that can has been opened sooner than later.

I dealt with a mortgage companies before. I owned before my layoff that destroyed everything. I never been told before to pick using my middle name or not and just to “stick with it.”

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48738
    Survivor

These charge offs are from five years ago. NACA wants those fixed.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48735
    Survivor

I try to make things work, if they work with me.

I do not really care about society standards and policies, as most rules do not apply to me and should not. Nor do I care if people complain how I see things. I live a different way than most, and similar to some. My “budget” does not conform to what NACA wants. I see where my money is for a span of 12 months. I know the killer to save: rent and contracts.

My credit that got destroyed from a layoff can not be fixed as fast as NACA wants with years of me already failing.

No, I am not looking to fail it is very, very insulting people are saying that and I would appreciate you people to stop saying that. People see excuses but I see them as facts that people take with emotions.

I have emailed my counselor person three times in three weeks. I get messages that the emails have been read. No reply back. Calling member services is useless. I get different answers to the same questions from different people each time.

I give the facts. I do not look to fail. I fight with what I got, but I do not always win because of money, society, and politics. But I never go down for good.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48680
    Survivor

As an update, my apartment complex said that they had to review my account recently because of a request from NACA to confirm I live here. Due to that fact, as i called it, they are now giving me 30 days to decide if I want to pay over 1000 a month, or stay another 12 months until June 2020 at 60 higher than what I am paying now. I told you this would happen. I told my intake person. This is the consequence of sticking your faces into too much info. Now I am stuck. My next NACA appoint is in two weeks IF I can provide certain info they still want that I have been trying for years to already do, and 30 days from the first appoint was not going to be enough if YEARS has not already produced results I wanted. So much for trying to stick it out until August.

Thanks, NACA!

Now I got 30 days to decide to leave or stay 12 more months, and doing so will make NACA think I am not saving any money. Also add the fact it will cost over $2000 to break contract later on.

Guess NACA screwed me. I got no place else to go, so…. yea.

in reply to: Intake appointment was a total disappointment! #48564
    Survivor

@tara585, I have sent emails to member services since March. At least several I have sent. I NEVER gotten a reply back. Nor from leaving messages when chat if offline.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48421
    Survivor

I see. Well, i appreciate no one knows what my life has been like if I say something, it is factual. Whether you want to think I am looking to fail or not is all your problems, not mine. I come looking for answers. Facts. What I provide are facts. If I tried something for years but have failed doing so, say 2-3 times a year trying for five years, and NACA thinks it can be done in 4 weeks, look at the facts of what I have tried 9all documentations, etc is available for them if they wish to see all my phone calls and emails to such companies).

If I say the complex may cause me early renewal at a higher rate, that is a possibility. I am not looking to fail and think this will not happen. It could if they see their mistake once they give NACA the info, or they may leave it alone. The FACT is, it is a possibility.

I do not know what other people go through. I only know what I can do with the time and resources I have and what has been done and what can/may be done, is all what I can tell you as fact.

Ford has it wrong. As I do not look to fail flying, but unless I am prepared with what I need and what I can supply within my means, I will fall.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48377
    Survivor

I appreciate your comments, but it does not help my situation that there are things NACA wants that can not get done after years of trying, and regardless of NACA having to verify everyone’s place of residence, doing so will cause me early renewal at a higher rate than I am paying now.

in reply to: Intake appointment was a total disappointment! #48368
    Survivor

@Tara585

I feel you. I just updated my post about my experience.

http://forums.naca.com/?topic=first-intake-tomorrow-but-worried

I am kind of stuck myself now.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48367
    Survivor

Well, I did go that day because I did have the appointment and I am not that rude of a person, but it was just as worse as I thought.

First, yes, the computers were down for me to scan in the stuff the website failed to do properly in the first place. I never, ever expect tech to work right. If it does, great. If not, I am not surprised. So, the counselor was kind to do it at her desk.

She also agreed with me the website needs serious updating. Apparently, several documents I uploaded went missing. So, and thankfully I had 99% of my hard copies I knew to take, they all had to be rescanned. The one hard copy I did not have was an upload document explaining things and my situation in hopes when the counselor saw it before intake, would know some things. But, that did not happen.

The next issue is my credit report. There are some charge offs of school loans from years ago that were in fact purchased/transferred to Fedloan. The counselor wants me to try and rectify that in (now less) 30 days. Really? I have tried for 5-6 years to already get the companies to fix that, and I am supposed to do that in 3 weeks when I have already failed for years on it? I still can not get Fedloan to cooperate with me now on giving me the information NACA wants for them to acknowledge. Already lost a week of trying to get just one thing from them out of a dozen.

Save $400+ a month? Really? My rent is the highest thing I got. Most of the money spent is on kids (one with autism, one is crafty, and the other just hungry) and helping my exspouse. My money goes to them. Sure, I can save 400 if I stopped helping the ex with some of her bills so she is not evicted. Not like companies pay people much these days as everything else goes up in cost (and smaller in size). What else can I cut out? Nothing. I got a prepaid phone (~10 a month), electric (I do not even use hear as it is not cold enough here), water, two store charge cards that be paid off by summer. School loan (~90/month). ISP for 2M at 25/month. Gas for car. And food and supplies when needed. Really, 400? All I want is a small place that is quiet, away from humans/traffic/noise, and each kid has a room. I do not need a big, new construction place. I pay almost 900 in rent as it is. Why not let me have a home that is 900 in monthly mortgage, not 1300??

More stuff on the action plan too than just what is above. Answers I do not have because some pretains to my ex, and she not have the answers either.

Oh, this is a problem… due to a situation with my apartment complex, I am on an unofficial month to month at my current rent rate since my renewal was in August. I am fine with that. I was hoping to make it to this August in hopes to leave before then, else have to sign until Aug 2020. 🙁 However, NACA is going to send a request to the complex about my agreement. Once the complex realizes nothing was signed yet, they will force me to for, say, May 2019-May 2010. Sure, that is sooner than Aug 2020, but that means there is no chance, without spending thousands to break the contract, of me leaving by the end of this summer. Thanks, NACA!

My legal name? I have to pick one? To us my full middle name or its initial? Oh my gosh, really? Depends on how I sign and was is needed. I am me regardless.

Other charge offs I can answer for. Layoff. Layoff. Hunger. Layoff. I did not finally start “making” a few bucks to eat/shop at places other than Dollar Tree (but I still do 90% of shopping there) since 2011 until mid-2018. Hey, before my layoff my credit was 800+. Being laid off on the same day of getting my B.S. degree and unable to pay afterwards, crashed down to the 300s in a year. Am finally near 700 now. Sure, NACA not look at scores, but not taking account why old loans still lingering regardless of me trying to get companies to help me my way.

So my biggest issue is old stuff on credit report I tried for years to get corrected that NACA wants down by May. The second being having to save money monthly when I can not do that due to rent (and no, I will not be able to live anywhere else to save month). Third, NACA may just have forced me not being able to leave sooner than later.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48320
    Survivor

Then I guess I have to walk out.

1 > The website does not work for everyone. I had coworkers try with same issues. Again, it is not me if i tried with multiple computers, browses, IPs/locations. That complaints/suggestion page not worked in a month of me trying. So no, it does not work well.

2 > I tried calling the IRS, ineffective. Again, they can not verify me now without texting abilities. They will no longer try doing it with me over the phone since their own methods failed. I prefer all things low tech as more efficient, but will not work unless people going to work with me. They will not send me anymore forms, claiming I can not be verified. I been through this for 2 weeks with them, and I had to deal with it and give up years ago with this same thing on verifying myself with them. I do not have that “online precense” or much about me in databases to be very well verified. Not matter if anyone believes me or not, but this is not stuff that can be easily made up. You think having a SSN and bank account and address and job be enough.

3 > I can not remember everything I read. My ability to retain information is limited. Short term memory issues. But good to know, as I only got the one.

4 > Good to know. I do not think I be using it for anything anyway in this process, if I got to go through it.

If I get updated papers from the apartment complex, I will be stuck in a longer lease (not going to explain why, just trust me). I do not have any paperwork with me to support I rent in a complex.

As far as knowing nothing is 100% technology perfect, is many decades of tech experience to know better. I do not need to see something personally to know it has a few dozen bugs in its code, aging circuitry, and in other cases, corrupted databases. I can go to a Home Depot and smell problems on their cash registers. Yes, nothing will be 100% perfect the moment you try using it. You take a chance, and believe me, my tech experiences combined with many, many fights with the TSA is such great examples (if I told you stories) on how tech does not work when you need it to, before you even get a chance to try it. They tell me “this will work” and I know, they are not Jesus and God is NOT in the tech business to make things perfect.

South, I am particular about time and I got none to deal with “bumps.” If things do not work the way they should, I will not put in effort into issues I do not have time for. Like communications with NACA via email, no a single reply back. Live chat, a laugh. Phone calls? I have to be home for that, but that causes lose of work hours. No no, I am very well known to walk out of one place and get better results from another. I got no problem putting in work, but if the other side is not willing to do the same, I do not give them any more of my time. Both the doctors, and under strict laws by the government to me, I am not to be under any stress.

Oh well. Hearts beating way too fast. Time to get offline and find another way.

in reply to: First Intake Tomorrow but Worried #48315
    Survivor

Hmmmm…
    I do not even have the rental papers they say, from the booklet, they want.
    Well, they better not give me problems when I go in today. Not my fault their customer support is inadequate. NACA’s website is poorly designed. The IRS refuses to assist me. NACA wants want some papers that just do not exist without causing me problems.
    They push me away today, I am not going to continue with NACA. I rather, in the future, spend more money than deal with stress.

in reply to: Understanding the Home Searching Part #48114
    Survivor

Tim, actually, what if at that point in time I see a place I like that is not on the realtor’s list?

in reply to: Credit Cards Question #48108
    Survivor

Tim, thank you.

in reply to: Rental Verification? #48107
    Survivor

Tim, thanks for answering. I have not done an intake thing yet. I am still working on trying to get all these documents the website wants uploaded, and rental verification was one of the things it wants uploaded.

in reply to: Just Closed #48089
    Survivor

Encouragement for us newbies at this. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)