areno

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: No Movement from Citi? #8379
    areno
    Participant

We finally got the Clear to Close last week and now we’ve seen 2 closing dates go by without the closing agent receiving docs from Citi and no explanation for why this is happening. This strikes me as extremely unprofessional and looks like this whole journey with NACA is finally going to fall apart.

in reply to: What got in your way of closing #8371
    areno
    Participant

My closing is being held up by Citi for no apparent reason. The closing lawyer just keeps saying they’re working on getting the “docs” and the HUD approval, but it’s been days and keeps getting delayed. Meanwhile, they keep saying maybe tomorrow we’ll close to me and have me on standby everyday which is going over really well at work.

Just more unprofessional garbage in this process, unfortunately.

in reply to: NACA GFE #8350
    areno
    Participant

So if its impossible to calculate then how the hell am I supposed to get a cashiers check for the amount needed?

in reply to: Anyone go start to keys in a year? #7691
    areno
    Participant

If the HAND department stops holding us up over minor issues, we’ll go from start to finish in about a year. It is like a full time job though and I’m not sure I’d recommend the program to many people after this experience.

in reply to: NACA GFE #7650
    areno
    Participant

Our real estate agent is telling us that the origination fee is very high and that the appraisal fee and flood insurance fee are all closing costs.

in reply to: Sellers won't work with NACA #5770
    areno
    Participant

Both real estate agents are saying that 30 days is the industry standard and the 60 days is the real sticking point for the seller even though we have the higher offer. That along with all NACA’s language about being for people with bad credit seems to have them spooked to the point they won’t accept our offer unless we can close in 45 days. Pretty shitty situation.

It seems as though all the months we spent getting qualified were for not and we’ll have to look into getting a regular mortgage that will close in a reasonable time period.

in reply to: Done with NACA #4851
    areno
    Participant

The real kicker for me is that we’ve been to underwriting several times now yet they keep finding more little things. It’s too frustrating. Why can’t they provide one complete list of what is needed? The utter lack of communication within the organization is shocking.

in reply to: NACA is a scam #4417
    areno
    Participant

And don’t get me started on their nonsensical demands. A W2 isn’t a good enough employment verification anymore, but a piece of paper from the office of a former employer is. They want a check showing I paid my taxes even though I paid with credit card and sent them the credit card statement. My wife’s name not being on the utility bill also apparently negates her being on the lease and all our bank accounts having that address. NACA says she needs to get her license changed! I think they just make up requests to turn you off even more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)