deachr519

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    deachr519
    Participant

So happy you guys are almost done!!!! Any updates?? 🙂

in reply to: updates for us #6590
    deachr519
    Participant

Congratulations!!! I am hoping we will be doing our bank appt. next week.

in reply to: Just Signed my Bank App #6589
    deachr519
    Participant

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!! Hopefully we will be right behind you. I’m hoping to do our bank app. next week.

in reply to: Determined to Close #6588
    deachr519
    Participant

Praying for you!!!

in reply to: We don't live close to any NACA office, questions?? #6586
    deachr519
    Participant

We both have to go to our bank application appt. & the closing. We did the purchase workshop over the phone & we were both present. But all of the other communications I have had, it has just been me, not my husband. We have both had to sign many documents, however.

in reply to: We don't live close to any NACA office, questions?? #6580
    deachr519
    Participant

Hello! It is correct that we are four hours away from the closest office. We started the process by making a phone appt. with the Chicago office. We have done everything remotely thus far, via phone/email/fax. We even did our purchase workshop over the phone. I just put the MC on speaker phone so that both my husband & I could listen in & ask questions.

We have had bumps in the road because we aren’t close or dealing with people face to face. But I have kept records of every email sent. I have a notebook full of paper copies of every document. And if they ask for it again, just automatically send it! It goes so much quicker that way! We have been very fortunate to have worked with wonderful people in both the Cleveland & Chicago offices.

Our first trip to an office will be to do our bank application, hopefully, next week! Then our last appointment/trip will be to go to a title agency (who is certified to work with our state) in Cleveland to close! So the light is at the end of the tunnel. We started in June of last year. And we were NACA qualified in January & found out house a few weeks later.

Good luck!

in reply to: How will we know exactly how much to have for closing? #6516
    deachr519
    Participant

Thank you! I just didn’t know what that stood for.

in reply to: How will we know exactly how much to have for closing? #6501
    deachr519
    Participant

What is NSF? Thank you!

in reply to: Contractor Bids #6500
    deachr519
    Participant

There are no contractors in Michigan; therefore, I had to find one of my own. But he does not charge to bid either. I think you should find someone else!

in reply to: Student loans #6499
    deachr519
    Participant

We ran into a similar problem with our student loans. Our MLO stated that they have to take 1-1.5% of the total student loan amount to calculate your monthly payment. Ours was nearly $1000 per month. So I understand your pain…. I hope that you are able to get them to recognize a more reasonable payment to show that you can afford a decent mortgage payment!

in reply to: QUESTION ABOUT STATUS CHANGE #6397
    deachr519
    Participant

awesome!! Thank you! This is so exciting!!!!!

It has been a journey, but so worth it. This has taught us to be more fiscally responsible & taught us to find an affordable home in our price range so we can continue to meet our financial goals. So grateful.

in reply to: Please help! #6387
    deachr519
    Participant

We are all set! Was cleared up by me simply re-sending our qualification letter.
    HAND has been great so far! Feeling very blessed & lucky that we are trucking along!

in reply to: Urgent Please Help #6386
    deachr519
    Participant

I agree that for those at this stage, a contingency plan should have been in place. SOMEONE should have been handling these important files while that event was taking place. It makes no sense.

in reply to: Bank Application Question #6385
    deachr519
    Participant

Evidently we have to have a septic inspection & a HVAC Inspection. Then hopefully we will clear HAND & move on to the bank application.

I noticed there is an American Dream event coming to Chicago on Feb. 28. Could this delay our bank application? Thanks!

in reply to: Help #6354
    deachr519
    Participant

There is not a NACA office where we live in Michigan. So we did everything remotely. We did everything via phone/fax/email. If you are far enough away from a local office, you should be able to do the same! Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)