Webfile not updating – BoA not responding and need to close on 5/31

Home Forums Purchase Program Webfile not updating – BoA not responding and need to close on 5/31

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #48941
    knoxgal
    Member

    My webfile will not update. The closing coordinator says that my file is C&I approved and that it is in underwriting, but I can only see that my file is stuck at N/A and has been for a week.

    I know I that it is the end of the month and that we lost a business day with the holiday, but we are set to close under the contract on 5/31 and I’m getting very anxious that my file isn’t updating and BoA does not seem to be working on my file.

    I may have the @ttrumble closing crazies, but I do need to be able to plan my life. I have work travel coming up next week, so if we are to push the closing then I need to be able to make arrangements. Also, the sellers really did not want to sell to me because of the NACA financing and alleged closing delays. NACA’s reputation is still not great in Northern VA. My realtor went to bat for me and NACA and convinced them to take a chance because NACA has significantly improved processing time and responsiveness over the years. Now, we are here and BoA isn’t working on my file!

    If we need to move the closing, it would help to be able to give the seller a real date – otherwise, they may pull out of the contract and I could be out $10k in earnest money(!).


    @ttrumble
    , is there any way to get BoA to expedite the review of my file?

    #48945
    TTrumble
    Member

    Hello knoxgal,

    Very simply, the person you need to be in touch with is your Closing Coordinator. He or she is your point person and the one to assist you with everything you mentioned.

    Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

    #48955
    knoxgal
    Member

    Thanks Tim. I will keep trying work my CC.

    #48964
    klovepnk1
    Member

    @knoxgal
    I am having this same exact issue right now. My bank submission was done 5/17/2019and My file was registered with the lender(BOA) 5/22/2019 and it has been N/A status only saying LE received and property is HAND cleared. I spoke with my CC this morning and she says lender is delayed. My closing dated is 6/7/2019 and My seller is not willing to allot another extension. Keep me posted on your status and I will keep you posted as well.

    #48965
    jogearce
    Member

    @klovepnk1

    where are you located if I may ask ?

    #48966
    klovepnk1
    Member

    I am in Georgia

    #48968
    knoxgal
    Member

    @klovepnk1: I will definitely keep you posted. I’m clearly not making my 5/31 closing date and it is unclear when we will close. We were initially told, possibly 6/3, but now the CC is stating probably 2 weeks. None of this makes any sense and my file remains at N/A, as it has since 5/17. The seller is very squirrelly and will not agree to a “general” extension. They want a close to a real date as possible, and I think that is reasonable. I wish there were some more transparency at this stage of the process. It is stressful and many other areas of our lives are impacted by when we close. I bought my first house many years ago through the conventional mortgage process, and I felt like there was more transparency in the process. If they would just update my webfile, so I knew what was happening, it would go a long way.

    #48973
    klovepnk1
    Member

    I whole heartedly agree. The process definitely needs some refining. I think they are doing the best they can but more often than none, errors or missing items were noticed and discovered by me. I am familiar with the mortgage process because I work around them in my line of work. I felt like I was always a step ahead of the game and I cannot get the desired results. Remaining positive and hoping we can uphold my close date of 6/7. Still no movement with my file even though my credit has been checked by them several times in the last couple days. I emailed my CC again this morning to see if we had any other options or contacts to reach out to. I am sending positivity to your situation as well. We will get through this @knoxgal

    #48974
    klovepnk1
    Member

    I emailed my CC this morning to request fast track of my file as there has been no activity since 5/17 which she agreed was unusual. She did not respond to the email, but calls and says “I don’t know how to say this, but your file has been withdrawn/cancelled. We may have to cancel your contract do that you don’t loose earnest money etc” she says she is speaking with a manager and I’m not settled with this at all. I know home buying is an emotional roller coaster which I was well prepared for. I have been punctual in every aspect upholding my end of the bargain and it seem This isn’t being reciprocated. I was even proactive throughout the entire process because I had family to complete the process and told me what to expect. I am once again left empty with no clear answers as to where my file stands for the 2nd major time. Very discouraging and hurtful to the brand. I am loosing my faith in something that I have been preaching to everyone to be a good program/ practice. @ttrumble Can you offer any insight as to who I can speak with to get this resolved. My contract/closing is 6/7 someone has to make this right!

    #48975
    jogearce
    Member

    Ouch! Im so sorry to hear that.

    Someone dropped the ball and you took the hardest hit.

    In my experience, I think Naca has a supply/demand issue.
    I dont think Naca has the personnel to handle the demand.

    Just like you, I have been on top of everything. It never takes me more than 12 hrs to provide the paperwork that they need . Most of the time I reply within the hour. Regardless, my bank app just got submitted on day 20.

    Every single person that has handle my file has been of great help but I really think they are overworked, and because of that, delays have happened.

    I wish you the best. Please keep us updated on what happens.

    #48979
    knoxgal
    Member

    @klovepnk1, I am so sorry to hear this. I am devastated for you. Please keep us posted. They have to figure this out!

    #49026
    jogearce
    Member

    @klovepnk1

    Question, my bank app was submitted on 5/28, and as of the time of this message, my webfile has not been updated

    When you me say “my file was registered with the lender on 5/22” Does thatema that on 5/22 you saw a Loan number generate and movement in your webfile?. In other words, how did you know that the application was registered on 5/22?

    I am kinda freaking out because, as of friday, not even a Loan number was assigned to my bank app and i just want to make sure the bank got it.

    I understand that patience is asked from us but based on experience with Naca, mistakes are made, making it hard to just seat back and wait. Im concerned that the bank never got my application and we already wasted 3 days.

    #49027
    klovepnk1
    Member

    @jogearce This information isn’t displayed through the web portal to my knowledge. I talk to my CC EVERYDAY! My bank app was submitted 5/17 I received loan number 5/22 when the lender registered the file as I was asked to provide updated hazard insurance including the loan number. My CC specifically told me the lender registered my file on that date. I would suggest for you to speak with your CC. My web file still says N/A but I recieve some status regarding movement via my CC almost everyday.

    #49028
    jogearce
    Member

    @klovepnk1

    Thanks for such valuable information.

    Any word regarding your loan ?

    #49042
    knoxgal
    Member

    @klovepnk1, Any update on your loan? My closing was pushed to Thursday, I still don’t have a CD or CTC. After hours on Friday night, the bank came back with another condition for HAND regarding alleged mold on the ceiling of the carport. The house doesn’t have a carport and I executed a HAND waiver for the remain items listed in the inspector’s report 2 weeks ago!
    I think BoA or my CC has confused my file with someone else’s.
    The seller has asked for $1k in “damages” for the delayed closing. My realtor was able to put her off, but I don’t think we will be able to do so again. This process is nerve wracking. @ttrumble, is there a way to speak to someone at the bank? I think they are messing up my file to my detriment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.