Is this normal???

Home Forums Purchase Program Is this normal???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #66657
    kb7571
    Participant

    I’ve been on the nightmare of a journey to close. .y appraidal took 3wks to do after escalations. Supposed the appraiser had my number and not the seller but i didnt receive any calls. I got my commitment letter 3/24 and my initial closing discloure 3/26. And now nothing. All communication has gone dark. How long until i get a closing date? My ICD had 4/2 as a cloaing date but I see thats not happening in 2 days. Is this normal? My file has been going on for 2 months with minimal conditions and still this is going on.

    Any insight?

    @ttrimble

    #66658

    Why do you believe you aren’t closing in 2 days if everything is done? It’s been said many times on this forum that final CTC doesn’t come until the night before, or in one case, the morning-of. Are there more steps in your process, or is that all you’re waiting for?

    #66659
    kb7571
    Participant

    @bakerthebaker i don’t have a final disclosure or a clear to close. I haven’t even been assigned a closing coordinator.


    @TTrumble
    do you have any insight?

    #66661
    TTrumble
    Member

    Hello kb7571,

    First off, it should almost go without saying but NOTHING is normal right now. As such, the mantra of “patience and persistence” is more important than ever right now.

    Your message actually gives me very little to work with. Please email me with your name, NACA ID number and Forum screen name and I will take at look at the file for you. I suspect though that the wheels are turning and things aren’t as bad as you seem to be thinking.

    Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

    #66669
    kb7571
    Participant

    @TTrumble ive sent you the email, and i want to add that I haven’t been appointed a cloaing coordinator either and I dont know how to get in contact with my BOA underwriter…if thats even an option.

    Thanks

    #66677
    kb7571
    Participant

    @TTrumble have you had a chance to read the email i sent?

    #66701
    KHURT
    Participant

    I am having issues as well. My closing date was supposed to be back in Feb.
    The seller backed out of the contract the beginning of March and gave me my earnest money back. Once the corona outback got bad they called me back. Now my closing date is supposed to be 04/06/2020. I rec’d an initial disclosure on 03/30/2020 but nothing since then. I am worried that this isn’t going to happen on Monday and I lose this house again. I am really frustrated and stressed, especially with all that’s going on.

    #66727
    plharris
    Participant

    @Ttrumble
    The seller has extended my contract until the 8th of April which is next Wednesday and that is the last extension they will give me. This is a new construction. I have not received a closing coordinator, CTC or final closing disclosure. My LC is MIA no response. The final appraisal was done Monday and that is all they needed. Still nothing. Can you check on this?

    #66740
    kb7571
    Participant

    @plharris i am waiting for the same thing. @TTrumble went ghost on me after he told me to reach out lol…grab a ticket and get in line unfortunately.

    #66750
    djcwill09
    Member

    We’re waiting right along with you guys. I got an update that our file had a condition (we never saw it) but NACA cleared it and sent it back to the bank. So our clock starts again today. Here’s to hoping there’s major moves next week.

    #66910
    djcwill09
    Member

    Has there been any updates @kb7571 or @plharris?

    We’re still waiting too.

    #66911
    plharris
    Participant

    This is so frustrating BOFA does not have a sense of urgency at all. @KB7571 and @djwill09

    #66912
    djcwill09
    Member

    Our MC called us yesterday to verbally tell us she requested the file get escalated and the bank has all it needs. But nothing changed on our file today and it’s close to 5pm where I’m at. I don’t think anything happens on the weekend, so we’re waiting again for next week to see if there’s any movement.

    I’m hoping the builder will continue to be patient. They said they won’t charge us for next week, but if it goes past next week, then we’ll need to have another discussion about them waiving the late settlement aka carry fees.

    #66913
    Nelsont
    Member

    Sense of urgency…imagine you are in a department of say 10 people and have 100000 members to review. Now let’s imagine you want to increase your staffing in order to alleviate the pressure on your department. How many currently certified, qualified and experienced, not right out of college mortgage underwriters exist in the country? Then how many of them are willing to relocate to Texas or NC to make a lateral career move with little or no room for advancement without moving out of the naca group and where the typical salaries are lower than where most bank HQs are located? That’s not exactly the situation but pretty much what boa is dealing with.

    #66914
    plharris
    Participant

    I have no conditions either they have everything my closing date was supposed to be yesterday and I was told that they would not give me another extension so I am not sure if I still can get the property or not. So I guess I will see what happens next week. It is 4pm my time the lack of communication is what bothers me just communicate and maybe a lot will get done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter