June 23, 2020 at 9:40 am #69643
Hey guys, first time posting, but long time reader!
My wife and I heard about NACA since late last year. We have been going through the process and last month finally got our NACA qualification.
We found a few houses we liked, the first one got an offer before us, the second we loved and put a contract on it.
The other week we got the clear to close (final) from BOA, pending HAND clearance. We got an email from HAND telling us to be on the lookout for communication from them, but we have not been able to get in touch with hand for a week now. My Real Estate Agent hasn’t heard back either. BOA changed our HOI moved up our closing from the 30th to the 24th.
Any help?June 23, 2020 at 1:07 pm #69658TTrumbleMember
You best bet is to call the HAND Department directly at 210-319-2978. Don’t wait for them to contact you.
Online Operations, NACA
firstname.lastname@example.orgJune 23, 2020 at 1:12 pm #69660
Thank you for the response Mr. Trumble. I have learned so much from you on this blog.
I have called HAND everyday for the last week to no avail. No call backs. I have also emailed them 3 or 4 times. I have learned to be persistent in this process but I am unsure about the silence.June 23, 2020 at 1:16 pm #69661purdynerdyParticipant
@snakedoctor – See if you can get your CC (or inhouse agent if you have one) to escalate your file.
I was stuck in HAND for a little bit, my in-house realtor escalated my file for review.
Continue to call and email. Don’t relent, but be polite. They are very short staffed.June 23, 2020 at 1:25 pm #69662rjleeParticipant
Not sure if you tried this already, but when calling HAND, press 0 to talk to the representative instead of leaving a message.June 23, 2020 at 3:17 pm #69665
Thanks for all the responses. I’ve tried all the above methods before but will continue trying until I hear something.June 24, 2020 at 7:57 am #69680
Heard back from my MC – not sure how public this info is but apparently the HAND office in San Antonio had a COVID-19 related setback this weekend. This must why no one was returning our calls. Our closing will likely be delayed by a week as they adapt to the situation.June 25, 2020 at 7:03 am #69727
Thank you for posting this. I wish this info was more readily available. I was wondering why I haven’t been able to get in contact with them since Monday. I need to communicate this with my realtor and see if there is any other resolve to this. I would imagine many of our files will be delayed. This is unfortunate news as I am already passed a week of my scheduled closing.June 25, 2020 at 7:53 am #69729
@ibuyhome Yes, you definitely want to forward that info to your Real Estate agent. We used an in-house NACA agent and he didn’t know this until I told him. He reached out to the seller to put him on alert about an extension. I would have never known if I hadn’t been calling HAND twice a day and email everyone with a naca email address. I’m truly sorry for their setback, and everyone going through the NACA process has learned to be patient. However, the sellers aren’t always endowed with such patience. It really would help for some general communication about this issue, or better yet, knocking out those contracts that are past closing dates.
Me and my family of 6 kids are all boxed up and waiting. I made sure my lease extended 40 days AFTER the closing date, so we won’t be homeless, however there’s a lot of anxiety, having made it this far.
We just have to stay the course, though I admit, these seem to be uncharted waters for everyone, including NACA.June 25, 2020 at 8:01 am #69730
For those of you who are looking for confirmation. They have made an official announcement on NACA’s Facebook page. Seems like they are prioritizing bank application dates. This is really a set back for us all but it is just the times we live in now with the pandemic. I as well am fortunate to have a month to month lease but this does change the timeline of things set in place. I can only hope my sellers extend there patients to me during this time. I would be devastated to lose out on this house. I’m sure it will not come to that but with all the closing crazies going through my head this only compounds upon the stress.June 25, 2020 at 8:07 am #69731
@ibuyhome thanks for the link to the FB page. I’ll add that the Richmond office did reach out to me yesterday to tell me about the issue with HAND after I emailed them to ask about getting some movement on the file. My MC told me a day before the office called, though. Knowing about the FB post is helpful, thanks!June 25, 2020 at 3:20 pm #69739
Update: we heard back from HAND and got our clearance! NACA once again coming through for the win. Hopefully we close in the next few days. I will keep you all updated.June 25, 2020 at 4:09 pm #69744
That is great news! So glad to hear it actually because it gives me hope knowing that HAND is still getting to members files. Thanks for this update.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.