Mortgage Modification Required Documents

Here are the documents needed to create a proposal for the modification of your mortgage:

Picture ID

Most recent mortgage statement

Most recent property taxes

Homeowners Insurance declarations page

Homeowners Association statement (if applicable)

Current utility bill

Last two years tax returns, signed and dated, plus business tax returns if self employed

Most recent two months bank statements (6 months if self employed)

Most recent 30 days pay stubs for all wage earners in the home

Proof of other income (Social Security, disability, pension, rental income, etc)

I f you have any question or doubt about whether a certain document is necessary (quit claim deed, divorce documents bankruptcy and so on), go ahead and bring it to the event or submit it to your file.  Better twenty pages too many than one too few!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

2 Comments

1. Adriana
    Posted September 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

my mortgage will end in 2017, but this year has become very difficult to make payments and the future doesnt look right. i have been making late payments. I still have my job but because of the economy i dont get any overtime or my 40 hours a week. so , i am strugling.
    my payments now go to the principal, is it a good idea to refinance??? with NACA for a lower interest rate??

• Posted September 23, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Hello Adriana,

Just as a point of reference, NACA does not do refinancing. Our Home Save Program proposes a modification of the existing loan.

Since your your mortgage has become unaffordable due to a reduction in income, you should go ahead and work with NACA on a modification request.

If you happen to be close to any of our American Dream Tour events, you can register for the event on line at our website, http://www.naca.com by clicking on the name of the city where you want to attend. If you are not near an event, the entire process can be done remotely by phone, fax and internet. You can create your NACA file and start the process by clicking on the link saying “Click here to start” in the box labelled “Homeowner”.

Even though you only have a short time left on your mortgage, you are just as liable to be foreclosed upon as if it you were at the beginning of the term should you fall behind. Especially this close to the “finish line”, any help you can get to make the payments affordable is well worth the effort.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter