NACA Purchase Program Required Documents

Here is a list of documents required for your first counseling session in the NACA Purchase Program.  Please make sure to bring these items with your if you are having a face to face session or have them faxed into your file at least 24 hours before a telephone appointment with a Remote Counselor:

• Pay Stubs (most recent 30 days)
  • Bank Statement for all accounts (last 90 days, all pages) even if blank
  • Self Employed persons…most recent 12 month all pages including blank.  Itemized Business Deposits (BD) Itemized Business Expense (BE)
  • Self Employment worksheet
  • W-2 (2012 & 2013)
  • Federal Income Tax Return last 2 years. (2012 & 2013)
  • Copy of the most recent 401k, PERA, Retirement statement (all pages)
  • Completely filled out Budget forms (pages from of workbook)
  • Signed Membership Agreement (from workbook)
  • Signed Authorization (from workbook)
  • Signed Participation Pledge (from workbook)
  • Landlord Contacts Form from Purchase Work Shop Book (from workbook)
  • Employer Contacts Form from Purchase Work Shop Book (from workbook)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

16 Comments

1. Traci Gordon
    Posted July 22, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

How long after the initial workshop can you begin the process?

• Posted July 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

Hello Traci Gordon,

You may begin as soon as you schedule your initial appointment with a counselor. If you have not been scheduled for an appointment, please call Member Services at 888-404-6222.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

2. Fred Thomas
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 8:00 am | Permalink

I am very interested in meeting with a counselor tomorrow, but I have to work today and may not be able to get all of the required information needed .What can I do?

• Posted February 17, 2014 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Hello Fred Thomas,

At the very least, your file can be started at our American Dream Tour event, and followed up later if needed by phone, fax and internet through our National Counseling Center. Better to get started NOW!

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

3. Brian
    Posted January 11, 2015 at 1:18 am | Permalink

Greetings,

After going through the NACA program and living in your wonderful NACA home for 3+ years. If your job relocates you to another state in that 4th year of home ownership can you purchase a 2nd home through NACA in the new state where you now reside without being forced to sell the wonderful NACA home that you alraedy own? I am worried that I might not ever see another intrest rate lower than >1% ever again, even going through NACA a 2nd time. If I can show NACA proof of the relocation due to employment are there any exceptions or options?

~ I LOVE NACA!!!

• Posted January 13, 2015 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately, you will have to sell the present home to buy again through NACA. One of the fundamental requirements for qualifying for a NACA mortgage is that you may not have an ownership interest in another property, even if it was purchased through NACA. You will have to have the present property under contract to be sold before you will be able to close on your new home.

On the bright side though, the interest rate buydown programs still exist for both the 30-year and new 15-year Freedom Loan that allow the interest rate to go to nearly zero. And since you have been in the present home for more than the required three years, you also meet that eligibility requirement to go through NACA again.

Showing that you are being transferred by your job will make it easy to get a release of the NACA lien on the present home as well.

Keeping the present home is just not an option though. The restriction exists to prevent property investors from abusing the NACA program. Keeping the present property would make you a real estate investor, and the NACA program is strictly for buying your primary place of residence.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

4. Posted January 19, 2016 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

What if my debt is around 25,000$ will I qualify?

• Posted January 25, 2016 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Hello c cross,

The amount of your debt is only one of several factors in determining your qualification and affordability. Please resgister for and attend a NACA workshop in your area to learn how the program works.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

5. valerie s
    Posted April 1, 2016 at 7:46 am | Permalink

my file has been submitted to an under writer, what happens now ?

• Posted April 1, 2016 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Hello valerie s,

Underwriting will review the file to ensure everything has been submitted and properly entered into your file. If it hasn’t, the underwriter will send back conditions to be taken care of. If everything is in place, the underwriter will qualify you and certify the amount for which you are qualify.

After being qualified, you will attend the Home Buyer’s Workshop to receive your qualification letter, select your real estate agent and learn how to shop for a home wisely. This is when the real fun begins!

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

6. Annie
    Posted August 22, 2016 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Do you need to have a social to apply for naca or can you use a itin number?

• Posted August 25, 2016 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Hello Annie,

You may use an ITIN, but you may not have any history of conflicts regarding the number you have used for your employment and taxes. The ITIN must be the only number you have used.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

7. Libby Robinson
    Posted February 6, 2017 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Hello! I was recently referred by a friend to use this program. So initially, I went on the NACA website to get more information regarding the program and it seems too good to be true almost. I’ve already signed up to attend the workshop but I’m afraid of even starting the process because my credit is terrible! And although my job pays ok, I’m not sure if I could get approved to pay the mortgage for a house. I have 5 kids and am really looking for a nice size home for such a large family. And I’m not sure if my income would qualify me for a nice home in a good neighborhood to accommodate my children and I. I’m trying not to let my fear discourage me, because I’m ready to be a homeowner and to take all the necessary steps in doing so, but I would hate to have to settle on a home not big enough for my kids… Or worse… not qualify at all!!

• Posted February 6, 2017 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Hello Libby Robinson,

What are you so afraid of? Your credit score has no bearing whatsoever in the program. We are a character based lending program that focuses on your past two years of income and meeting your obligations. Even if you aren’t ready to buy right now, NACA will work with you and guide you to the point where you are ready to buy.

Your message seems to be a product of that old acronym F-E-A-R: False Expectations Appearing Real. In short, you are being your own worst enemy right now. The worst thing that is going to happen is you will find out that you aren’t ready for home ownership yet, and what you will need to accomplish to become ready.

Get to that workshop and get started. You literally have nothing to lose and nothing to be afraid of.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

8. Lorraine
    Posted February 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

I am scheduled for my first workshop in a week. Can you provide the information I need to bring to this workshop. I am not sure if I am looking at the correct list of items needed. Nervous and Scared being this is my first time trying to purchase a home. Single with two kids and want to make sure I have what I need.

• Posted February 14, 2017 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Hello Lorraine,

For the Home Buyer’s Workshop, the only thing you need to bring is ID, something to write on and a pen. You will get all the information you need to go from there during the workshop.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter