NACA BRINGS BIGGEST HOMEOWNERSHIP EVENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY TO ATLANTA SEPTEMBER 13-17

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Release – September 10, 2018

Tim Trumble – Media Coordinator; Cell: 617-947-2632; ttrumble@naca.com
Bruce Marks – NACA CEO; Cell: 617-835-4477; bmarks@naca.com

NACA BRINGS BIGGEST HOMEOWNERSHIP EVENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY TO ATLANTA

MORE THAN 20,000 TO ATTEND EVENT TO ACCESS NACA’S BEST IN AMERICA MORTGAGE

(ATLANTA, GA – September 10, 2018) – The largest homeownership event in United States history will take place over five days from Thursday, September 13th through Monday, September 17th as more than 20,000 homebuyers from Georgia and across the United States attend NACA’s Achieve the Dream event at AmericasMart in Atlanta. They can be pre-approved for NACA’s Best in America Mortgage: no down payment, no closing costs, no fees, at a below market fixed rate without consideration of a borrowers credit score (click here for flyer). Ten years after the beginning of the mortgage crisis, NACA is the one bright light in mortgage lending for low-to-moderate income and minority borrowers.

The NACA (Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America), event, called “Achieve the Dream”, will feature its one-stop mortgage operation, accessing NACA’s Best in America mortgage. Homebuyers, many of whom had given up on homeownership, can be pre-approved for NACA’s Best in America Mortgage the same day through the four-step process: 1. Homebuyer education workshop; 2. Providing full documentation; 3. Meeting one-on-one with a Housing Counselor; and 4. Meeting with an underwriter to be pre-approved for the NACA Mortgage or determine any additional steps to be taken. NACA provides the same extraordinary terms for all borrowers. As Forbes magazine stated in their comparison of the best low down payment mortgages, “There is one exception, NACA, that charges the same rate regardless of the credit score”. NACA has over $13 Billion for this mortgage committed by Bank of America and CitiMortgage.

The Atlanta Achieve the Dream event will be the eleventh one this year. Previous NACA Achieve the Dream events have been spectacularly successful with over 5,000 participants at each one and thousands of pre-approvals across the country. The Atlanta event will surpass the previous events by far and will destroy the myth that it is not possible to lend on affordable terms to low-to-moderate income and minority individuals on scale. With the historically low number of low-to-moderate income and minorities recently achieving homeownership, NACA is the one bright spot. This event, which is unprecedented in its size and scope, will significantly impact the affordable housing crisis. It runs Thursday, September 13th through Monday, September 17th from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. each day, and will be held on the 4th Floor, Building 2 of AmericasMart, 230 Ted Turner Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30303.

“The roadblocks to homeownership for low- and moderate-income people has reached crisis proportions, and the massive number of pre-registrations we have received for this event proves just how extreme it has become. More than 20,000 people will be attending during this five-day event”, states Bruce Marks, NACA founder and CEO. “People are coming because their families, friends, co-workers and neighbors around the country have told them that NACA is the organization to achieve affordable homeownership. With 50 offices nationwide, and our HUD approved housing counseling agency providing about 50% of the total counseling in the country, NACA is setting the national standard,” Marks continued.

NACA already has an impressive track record. During the mortgage crisis, through NACA’s Save the Dream events over 250,000 homeowners were able to modify their unaffordable mortgages, often the same day. The Atlanta Save the Dream events were incredible with tens of thousands of homeowners. Now, NACA’s Achieve the Dream event will provide the same extraordinary outcomes for many thousands of homebuyers and continue to assist homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage.

The NACA Mortgage, without the need for a down payment and the lender paying all the closing costs, eliminates the significant savings requirement that locks out many homebuyers. The NACA below market fixed rate with the ability to buy it down with government assistance provides a payment that makes it possible to purchase homes despite the limited supply. NACA does not use “Risk Based Lending” but underwrites each borrower based on their individual circumstances, eliminating late payments they do not control and considering compensating factors. All borrowers receive the same extraordinary terms:

• No down payment required
  • No closing costs (lender paid)
  • No fees
  • Loan-to-value -100% for purchase and 110% for purchases with a rehab
  • No consideration of credit score
  • Below market fixed interest rate
  • Term of 15 or 30 years fully amortizing
  • Buy-down to permanently reduce the interest rate to virtually zero percent
  • Purchase and renovation funds available

The Achieve the Dream event is open to all prospective homebuyers, NACA services are free of charge and walk-ins are welcome.

Media Links:
NACA Video
Hawaii Public Radio
Local 10 Miami
Spectrum News Charlotte

About NACA (www.naca.com):
The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to economic justice through home ownership and community action. Founded by economic advocate Bruce Marks over thirty years ago, NACA is the largest HUD certified counseling agency with more than two million members nationwide. Through programs such as the Best in America Mortgage and HomeSave, NACA has helped thousands of consumers modify an unaffordable existing home loan or secure a mortgage to purchase a new home. With 50 offices nationwide, NACA pledges a character-based, no fee, no down payment and no closing fee home loan. NACA’s proven process allows low to modest income consumers to realize the American dream of homeownership. Bank of America and CitiMortgage have committed $13 billion to NACA pre-approved mortgage loans. www.naca.com. Event flyer. #AchieveTheDreamNACA

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

14 Comments

1. lrivon
    Posted September 7, 2018 at 1:33 am | Permalink

I need assistance in understanding the agenda for the event. I signed up to attend the workshop on 9/15 from 1-4pm. How early can/should I arrive? Is there a particular order in which things must be done? From my understanding during the event you will attend a workshop, talk to a counselor and speak with an underwriter. Is this accurate? Does the time I signed up for really matter? Or is it a first come, first served situation? I need to determine what I need to do to get everything done.

• Posted September 10, 2018 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Hello Irivon,

Since your are starting from the beginning, the time you arrive will be important. Your Home Buyer’s Workshop, which is the first required step in the process, will begin at 1:00 pm sharp. The crowds at this event are going to be huge, so I suggest showing up at least 30 mintues early.

There is a specific order to the process:
      1 – Home Buyer’s Workshop
      2 – Scanning documents into your NACA file
      3 – Counseling session (some will be face to face and others will be by video conference with a counselor elsewhere)
      4 – Underwriting review (and hopefully approval)
      5 – Provided you are approved by underwriting, you will then need to attend the Purchase Workshop, at which time you will get your approval letter and learn what you need to do to go house hunting! The Purchase Workshop is conducted twice each day, at 3:00 pm and at 6:00 pm.

People who have already started the process can arrive at a time of their own choice and pick up the process from where they most recently left off. They are essentially first-come first-served.

(Advice to EVERYONE: Show up early! This is going to be the single biggest NACA event since the massive crowds that happened during the Save the Dream tours at the peak of the mortgage crisis. Right now we are looking at 20,000 to 25,000 people over the five days of the event.)

Come OVERPREPARED! If you have any question whether or not a document may be needed, the answer is automatically YES! Better to have twenty pages too many than one too few. A lot of people suggest bringing a laptop to access documents they may not have previously thought to bring.

One important thing to note is that not everything HAS to be done in a single day, although we obvioulsy love it when it does!

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

2. Normicka Forest
    Posted September 9, 2018 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

I am excited to attend this event!! I have ALL my documents ready to go! I am expecting to be one of the CHOSEN ones to get that letter and began to search for my dream home!!

• Normicka Forest
      Posted September 9, 2018 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

I have already attended a workshop. It was great and very information!!!

I have also attended my first counseling session and it went great!!!

So many great things have happened on my behalf since my counseling session and I have EVERYTHING my counselor required of me!!

Excitement is an understatement for what I am feeling about this event next week! I am attending the Saturday session prepared to be there from sun up to sun down. 🙂

• Posted September 10, 2018 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Hello Normicka Forest,

That enthusiasm and dedication will be one of your most powerful tools in completing the NACA process. We look forward to seeing you Saturday!

Tim Trumble
        Online Operations, NACA
        ttrumble@naca.com

• Posted September 10, 2018 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Hello Normicka Forest,

It’s not a matter of being “chosen”, but having the dedication and putting in the effort necessary to complete the process. I’ll look foward to having you on the stage with me Saturday to celebrate your approval!

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

3. Ash
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

My husband will be attending the workshop on Sunday. We have a couple of late payments on things like our cable bill due to my overlooking due dates & would only be able to provide a verification of rental history with no canceled checks to back that up (we pay in cash generally). Would these mishaps prevent us from obtaining a loan? We pay rent on time and build a savings monthly.

We were also encouraged by someone who used the program to bring a USB with our information instead of paperwork, so we can be over prepared and also carry minimal information. Will this be an option at this workshop?

Also, will there be more workshops soon? My husband can’t stand crowds and we didn’t realize we waited until the biggest one ever to sign up. 😬

Thanks!

• Posted September 12, 2018 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Hello Ash,

Your description of “a couple” of late payments is not specific enough to determine whether or not you would face a delay in qualification. Your counselor will have to review the specific information, but then will be able to tell you exactly what you will need to do to get qualified as soon as possible.

A Verification of Rental will be certainly a plus as far as qualification, and hopefully your bank statements will be able to support it with corresponding cash withdrawals or other means of tracking where the cash is coming from. Regardless, start paying your rent by check immediately.

In general, take the approach of trying to be overprepared. If you have any question whether or not you might need a certain document, automatically make the answer “yes” and bring it. There’s an old saying here, “Better twenty pages too many than one too few”.

Do NOT bring a USB drive to the event to provide your documents. For security purposes, all NACA computers are restricted from any external media source such as USB drives, external hard drives, CD-ROMs, etc. Definitely bring hard copies of all documents to be scanned in to your file.

We have added four more Achieve the Dream events before the end of the year (Chicago, Memphis, Miami and Philadelphia), and every local NACA office conducts local workshops at least twice a month.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

4. M Carrington
    Posted September 13, 2018 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Why do they always air these things AFTER they are over or have ALREADY begun!!???

• Posted September 14, 2018 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Hello M Carrington,

We have been promoting the Achieve the Dream events, including the current one in Atlanta, for several weeks. It has been listed on home page of the NACA website, posted literally dozens of times on all of our social media channels, and we advised the local news media a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure why you didn’t learn about it before now, but the word was definitely out there. The event runs each day through Monday, so go ahead and gather up your documents and come anytime during the remaining days.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

5. Linda Merrell
    Posted September 13, 2018 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

I have an ID number already went to the first Workshop now am I supposed to upload all of these papers before coming or just bring the papers with me? I have an appointment for Saturday at 9 a.m.

• Posted September 14, 2018 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Hello Linda Merrill,

I presume you are talking about the Achieve the Dream event in Atlanta. You can bring the documents with you. we will have a bank of high-speed scanners on hand at the event.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

6. Audrey Williams
    Posted October 15, 2018 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

When will be the next NACA event in Atlanta georgia I completely missed the information for the Month of September. I just happened to see an article for the Miami sessions.

I had attended a session at Turner Chapel Marietta Georgia and nothing happened that go round I am hoping to try againa

thanks

Audrey Williams

• Posted October 22, 2018 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Hello Audrey Williams,

The next Atlanta event will not be until sometime in 2019, probably late spring. Our Chicago and Philadelphia events will be the final ones for 2018, and 2019 events have not been announced yet.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter