NACA’s First “Achieve the Dream” Event

*****MEDIA ADVISORY*****
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Release – February 5, 2018

Tim Trumble, Media Coordinator, Cell: 617-947-2632; ttrumble@naca.com
Bruce Marks, NACA CEO, Cell: 617-835-4477; bmarks@naca.com

NACA BEGINS “ACHIEVE THE DREAM” TOUR

Announcement of Historic Homeownership Events Providing the Best Mortgage in America to Low and Moderate Income Borrowers

(February 5, 2018– Charlotte, NC) – On Tuesday February 6th at 11:00 a.m. at 600 East Fourth Street room 267, a press conference led by Mayor Vi Alexander Lyles, NACA’s CEO Bruce Marks, Bank of America representatives and Charlotte City Council members will announce the launch of NACA’s “Achieve the Dream” homeownership tour. This nationwide tour is to become the most important homeownership initiative in recent history. Low and moderate-income borrowers will have the unprecedented opportunity to obtain NACA’s Best in America mortgage (No Down Payment, and No Closing Costs, and at a Below Market Fixed Rate).

This extraordinary event begins Thursday, February 8th through Sunday, February 11th at 5835 Executive Center Drive, Charlotte, NC 28212, in the Charlotte East Business Park. Doors will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day. Everyone who attends will work with a NACA counselor to be approved for the NACA Mortgage they can afford. NACA’s free of charge counseling is HUD certified and one of the nation’s largest counseling programs. NACA will also assist struggling homeowners at the event through its nationally acclaimed Home Save Program where over 250,000 homeowners obtained an affordable mortgage.

NACA has $13 Billion committed to the NACA Mortgage and more than 60,000 homes have been purchased through NACA’s 47 offices, including Charlotte. Everyone approved receives the same terms including the below market fixed interest rate without consideration of their credit score or other factors.

“This historic Achieve the Dream tour will provide one stop homeownership events where over four days one can be approved for the NACA Mortgage. NACA will continue these events with more than twenty events planned through 2018 providing unprecedented affordable homeownership opportunities to tens of thousands of working people nationwide” states Bruce Marks, NACA founder and CEO. “It is appropriate that the tour begins in Charlotte where Bank of America, NACA’s biggest partner is headquartered, and where NACA has strong support from the city”.

In support of the upcoming event, Mayor Lyles states, “The goal of owning a home is something we aspire to and build toward for everyone in our city. I welcome this partnership with NACA. The city of Charlotte will make grants to homebuyers to supplement the NACA Mortgage, making homeownership a reality for more Charlotteans.”

NACA’s Mortgage is the best in America in that it contains terms that are truly extraordinary including no down payment, no closing costs (lender paid), no fees, no PMI, no credit score consideration, a below market fixed interest rate, interest rate buy-down, renovation funds and many other extremely favorable terms.

For documents needed and to register, go to www.naca.com or call 281-968-6222. Walk-ins are welcome.

NACA’s Home Save and Purchase programs have been highlighted on the national and local news as the most effective in providing affordable homeownership:

● New York Times: The Homebuyer’s Champion
● CNN: One man’s fight against Foreclosures

About NACA (www.naca.com):
NACA, Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America, is one of the largest HUD certified non-profit counseling agencies with more than two million members. NACA is the largest and most effective organization in modifying mortgages, provides the best mortgage in the country, and is a tireless advocate for the rights of working people. NACA’s founder and CEO Bruce Marks is a nationally recognized leader in fighting for economic justice and has testified in Congress on numerous occasions. Marks was one of the first national leaders to sound the alarm in Congress of the pending mortgage crisis in 2000. For more information go to www.naca.com.

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

6 Comments

1. Pamela Weathers
    Posted February 14, 2018 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

I am so glad I made the decision to attend the NACA’s first streamlined one-stop workshop. I took all the documents they asked me to bring, scanned them in to the system, sat with a counselor(hats off to Jose) and was approved for a mortgage. Can you believe, there are no closing costs. It is 100% paid by the lender. They will also provide budget and credit counseling if you desire. I left with a heightened sense of pride which gives me a reason to fight to stay grounded in this life. Thank you Mr. Marks, Mr. Clarke, Jose, and all of the other NACA staff and volunteers.

• Posted February 15, 2018 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Hello Pamela Weathers,

Congratulations!
      We are thrilled to have been able to get your NACA Qualified at our first Achieve the Dream Event! Your accomplishment is exactly what the event is designed to do: Get hundreds of people qualified for the NACA mortgage over the course or the four-day event, instead of what can be weeks or even months in some cases.

We are seeing an amazing number of people go from workshop through counseling, underwriting and approval in a single day through the event, and the same is happening as we conclude the first day of the Miami Achieve the Dream Event.

Thank you for showing just what can happen at our Achieve the Dream Events, and again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

2. jcleus200
    Posted April 23, 2018 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Questions?

If I already started the process with Naca , can I attend an Dream event. The reason I am asking is I have everything already uploaded on my web file from my MC perspective I was ready to be qualified this month , all he had to do is verify all my documents on the appointments on April 19th which he canceled and now rescheduled me all they way to July 23rd. Our goal was to get me qualified by April and buy the house by June/July. I always work to stay ahead the MC with all my documents but sometimes the webfile doesn’t work and I make sure I bring all documents with me. For me I did not really need another appointment to check my documents all he has to to do is checking them and if he needs something additional to let me know to send it. I already have all required documents, it hurts me to to wait almost 4 months just to verify documents before you sent them to underwriter, After my first workshop in August I waited 5 months to get my first intake. I know a dream event supposed to be held in Atlanta and I don’t know when that is the reason I am asking this.

• Posted April 23, 2018 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Hello jcleus200,

You are absolutely welcome to attend an Achieve the Dream Event.The dates have not been confirmed yet for an Atlanta event, but we anticipate mid to late June. Please continue to monitor our website and social media for updates as they become available.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

3. Susan Roberts
    Posted May 6, 2018 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

WOW! I got an e-vite to the last one, but it was too far from me to go and I just now got another one for the one in NJ ….definitely too far to go! Are you planning on having any for us here in Western Mass? I live close to Springfield and I have not yet seen any Dream Events close to me. I have been with NACA for a while, did the workshop and I am waiting for my appt, which is months away. 🙁
    I really hope there will be one closer to me…..promise you…..I’d be the first one there!

• Posted May 7, 2018 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Hello Susan Roberts,

At this point in time, we do not have an Achieve the Dream Event planned for your immediate area. However, we are still selecting dates and locations for the events, so please keep an eye on our website at http://www.naca.com for updates.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter