2016 TAX SEASON INFO

Yes, tax season is here, and all NACA members need to be aware of the deadlines for filing and the ramifications of obtaining an extension or delaying payment of tax liabilities.

The filing deadline to submit 2015 tax returns is Monday, April 18, 2016, rather than the traditional April 15 date. Washington, D.C., will celebrate Emancipation Day on that Friday, which pushes the deadline to the following Monday for most of the nation. (Due to Patriots Day, the deadline will be Tuesday, April 19, in Maine and Massachusetts.)

After Monday, April 18, 2016, all active NACA member files in both the Purchase and Home Save programs MUST contain 2015 tax returns. W-2’s and 1099’s must be submitted to your NACA file by January 31st. The IRS will begin accepting and processing paper and electronic tax returns on Tuesday, January 19.

Please be aware that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this requirement. If you have filed a form 4868 for an automatic extension of time to file, your NACA file will not be able to move forward until the actual tax return has been filed and is submitted to your NACA file. Additionally, if you have taxes due to the IRS and did not pay them with your return, your NACA file will also not be able to progress until the taxes are paid.

If you need to access IRS information or forms, they can be found at www.irs.gov.

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

2 Comments

1. consuelovilma
    Posted January 6, 2016 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Hello, Happy New Year 2016
    I want to communicate my situation, thanking his answer about whether I am approved for assistance from NACA or not and what are the reasons.
    Since 2002 live in an apartment financed at a 6.7% pay $ 700.00 a month, because the second loan is the govierno, thanks to that we could buy, but: water, electricity, telephone, health insurance, car, insurance Truck, SunPass, internet, food, gasoline, medical visits and other costs on household items. even though my schedule is flexible (on occasion have to work overtime), I’ve been looking for extras for other ways work, but have not been successful, I do not handle the language very well, and that on occasion I find it hard to go ahead. Three years ago I divorced father and the help of my son sustained complete the payments, and my son turned 18 and Florida law student though, and has no obligation to continue to support it. I am an assistant teacher Daycare, my salary really not enough for me to meet these expenses, I have complete behind on payments, the car was taken by the bank for failing to pay on time, I had to go to borrow the phone They cut me, I thought not having more for now, but a family insisted that it should take and took over the debts. I would not go on like this. I ask for your valuation and if possible lower interest, for if God allows me to pay off the apartment and to catch up with the payments, which are nothing more than expenses that any citizen of this country. Grateful for his usual attention, salutes,
    Consuelo V. Hernandez

• Posted January 6, 2016 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Hola consuelovilma,

Hay muchos factores que intervienen en la obtención de una modificación de la hipoteca, y es imposible de adivinar incluso cómo podemos ser capaces de ayudarle. La única manera de saberlo con certeza es que intentarlo. Por favor llame a nuestro Programa de Asistencia para Miembros al 281-968-6222. Tenemos representantes que hablan español que pueden hablar con usted en más detalles acerca de cómo se debe proceder.

There are many factors involved in obtaining a mortgage modification, and it is impossible to even guess how we may be able to help you. The only way to find out for certain is to try. Please call our Member Assistance Program at 281-968-6222. We have Spanish speaking representatives who can talk with you in more detail about how you should proceed.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter