In Memoriam

The NACA Family is in mourning today with the sudden passing over the weekend of our friend, colleague and brother Calvin Grier. A veteran counselor and true “road warrior”, Calvin was part of the team for literally dozens of Save the Dream and American Dream events. Calvin’s work touched the lives of thousands of homeowners during his time with us. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with Calvin’s family and we share in the loss of someone who we gratefully called one of our own.

Calvin Grier

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

5 Comments

1. ontheroadagain
    Posted September 30, 2015 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

I am really sad to hear of Calvin’s passing, he was instrumental in getting me through the NACA process and into the home of my dreams.

2. GMac
    Posted October 3, 2015 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

I am in disbelief….this guy helped me so much in my process. I just sent an email to him and received no reply. I did not know he passed away. He was so gifted and patient. I am very sad right now….

• Posted October 5, 2015 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Hello GMac,

thank you for your very kind comments. Calvin was indeed someone who genuinely cared about the members with whom he worked whether it was at the National Counseling Center or on the road at an American Dream event. He set an outstanding example for everyone. His sudden passing was a shock to everyone here and we will be dealing with the loss for some time to come.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

3. M. Wells
    Posted February 4, 2016 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Wow! I finally get to put a face with the name. Mr Grier was very instrumental in helping me in the process of home ownership. He was patients with me and never judged my situation. Because of his great customer service and willingness to help, I am encouraged to continue to move forward. It is hard to find great people who care and have excellent customer service. I am still pressing in the program yet haven’t gotten the same service since Mr. Grier expiring. I don’t know where I stand in the program since his passing…. Although the experience with NACA is not the same, I am still doing my part and determined to finish. I hope to connect with my new counselor soon and we keep the dream alive. I will keep Mr. Grier’s family up in prayer!

• Posted February 8, 2016 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Hello M. Wells,

Thank you for your kind comments. Calvin Grier was a truly outstanding member of the NACA family and his presence is still missed every day.

If your file has not been reassigned since his passing, please call NACA Member Services at 425-602-6222.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter