St Louis NACA Member Testimonial

“My name is Ida McKeel, I am a proud homeowner through the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA). I would like to share my story.

I retired from my job of 36 years in May of 2009. My plan was to relocate, purchase a home, and travel. The housing market, during that time, was turned upside down. People were losing their homes; the value of many properties were turned upside down and homeowners found themselves “under water” with their mortgages. Unfortunately, it was not a good time to seek home ownership.
I moved from Los Angeles, California, to St. Louis, Missouri. This was supposed to be a short-term visit, then I was going to move on and settle in Atlanta, GA. In January of 2012, the housing market started to turn around and it became a “buyer’s” market. I found myself still here in St. Louis; I had found a nice Church home, and I decided to stay. This was when I learned about NACA. I went on their website to see who they were and to see if this was something that would benefit me.

The thing that caught my eye was the fact that I could purchase a home without paying a large down payment, no closing cost, and no escrow fees. Needless to say, that got my attention. The next meeting, in my area, was scheduled for Saturday, February 11, 2012. I signed up on their website to attend the meeting and when I arrived, I saw people in these yellow shirts with the logo of a shark and red letters on the back.

20150425_100109

At the end of the presentation, I was ready to sign up. On March 5, 2012, I went to the NACA Office and signed up to become a member; I met with the Office Manager, Mrs. Lana McClease, and a few real estate brokers (Mrs. Vernae Burrell and Ms. Nell Watts.) This group of ladies literally took me under their wings and walked me through the steps from beginning to end. Had it not been for them, I probably would not be a homeowner today.

Once I was qualified, (June 18, 2012), I began to look for a home. I don’t want to make it seem as though my journey was without challenges, because there were a few. However, if you want something bad enough, you must be willing to put in the time, effort, and labor, in order to accomplish your goal. As I always say, “The NACA program is the best thing that has come along since sliced bread!” But you have to be ready to do your “due diligence,” be “held accountable” for your participation during this journey. No one is just going to give you a home; you have to work with the NACA team if you ever want to become a homeowner. You want to become your Consultant and your Real Estate Broker’s BFF! You simply cannot do it without them.

Ida McKeel

On October 1, 2015, I will celebrate 3 years as a NACA Homeowner.

If becoming a homeowner is your dream, and you don’t want to have to come out of pocket all of the traditional expenses that are required by the banking institutions, become a member of NACA and get the process started towards owning your home as well. Thank you for allowing me to share my testimony.”

Home buyers can sign up NOW for our upcoming #NACAPurchase workshop on October 3rd at the William J. Harrison Education Center, 3140 Cass Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63106. Register by entering your Zip Code where indicated at www.naca.com

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter