My NACA Testimonial – Please feel free to post

Our Thanks to Ms. Erica Jackson for sharing her NACA journey with everyone:

Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 11:48 AM
Subject: My NACA Testimonial – Please feel free to post

My NACA Journey…

I was referred to NACA by Veralisa Hunter of Covenant Community Capital and I begin my NACA journey on September 27, 2014 by attending the orientation workshop.  There was so much information covered and I left feeling encouraged and motivated to do what it would take to buy my first home.  I went home and read the workshop booklet from cover to cover.  I highlighted portions and I made my list of questions for my first meeting.  I met with my counselor Anthony Brownell during the first week of October.  Immediately we hit it off; Anthony was impressed that I came with all my paperwork ready and I was relieved that he did not judge me based on my credit report.

Anthony walked me through the process and we set up a game plan to get me into my own home.  At each one of our follow up meetings I would come prepared with the completed action items from our previous meeting.  Also at each meeting Anthony would continue to encourage me that I would be in my own home with a great interest rate.  Then in January 2015 just 4 months after my orientation meeting I qualified!  I was so excited and pumped for the next step in the process and that was finding a home.

My realtor attended the qualification workshop with me and that weekend we went house haunting.  I found my dream home and put in an offer on Sunday, the sellers accepted the offer on Tuesday and the closing process began.  During this time I met Mrs. Leatha Moore the new office manager for the Houston office.  Ms. Leatha is such a warm person, she always greeted me with a  smile and encouraged me throughout the closing process.

During closing there were some hiccups along the way but both Anthony and Ms. Leatha advocated on my behalf and were in constant communication with me throughout the process.  The two of them made my NACA experience awesome and on March 27, 2015 (exactly 6 months from the start of my journey) I closed on my dream home!  Not only am I a first time homeowner I purchased a $200,000 home with a 2.5% FIXED interest rate for 30 years!  Anthony was right, not only did I find my dream home I was able to buy it at an awesome rate.

The things I learned during my NACA experience have been amazing and I will no longer be a victim of predatory lending of any kind (that includes auto loans)!  I have recommended NACA to everyone I know and I have spoken about my great experience in public; at my church Debt Boot Camp class, on public radio in Houston, and posted on several social media sites.  Thanks to Anthony and Ms. Leatha not only am I a home owner I am a more educated consumer.

Thank you NACA for all that you do!

Erica Jackson

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

One Comment

1. twinaggie03
    Posted April 30, 2015 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

This is such an encouraging testimonial, coming out of Houston, Texas. I am extremely excited because my first workshop meeting is May 30th in Houston. I know every case is different, but I hope to have a similar testimony 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter