Holiday with the Family

Here’s a wonderful message from a NACA member that says so much about the parts of home ownership that can’t be found in the blueprints, the deed or the mortgage:

Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:48 PM
To: Wonda McGowan
Cc: Sandy
Subject: Our First Thanksgiving

We had such an awesome time hosting our first Thanksgiving in our new home. It was so nice to have my family bless our home with their presence. The house was filled with warmth and joy.

We had 30 guests including my sister that flew in from New York (she hasn’t been to Memphis to visit for at least 12 years I know) and my niece from Maryland (she visits all the time).

My sister had such a good time with my in-laws and felt so at home with all the southern hospitality that she vows to come back again next year with her husband!

My husband fried two Turkeys (they were a big hit and his first time frying turkey) and my mom roasted one as a back up in case his didn’t turn out as expected. We also had ham, roast beef and rotisserie chickens along with all the fixings. Of course I am blessed with a mom and husband who both enjoy cooking that I didn’t have to lift a finger until it was time to clean up!!

Never would have happened without your help and the team at NACA. I am forever grateful for your guidance and shout NACA out to everyone I know so they can be homeowners themselves. In fact as my uncle was leaving he said, ok, this time next year, y’all will be at my house. He’s going through the program now.

Can’t wait to host more events at our house. Every room was filled and everyone had a blast.

Thanks again for all you do and all the long hours you put in to push people on through the process. Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with family, food and fun as well.

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

2 Comments

1. Shanon Ford
    Posted December 12, 2014 at 12:21 am | Permalink

The story from this post was nice. I shared that same dream of spending Thanksgiving with my family. When I was told I would close by Oct. 31st, I also invited everyone to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with me and my children in our new home. Then that closing date came and went. I was told 2 more weeks so I didn’t cancel Thanksgiving dinner. I was just going to have to hustle to move in and get settled for our guests. The week of Thanksgiving I accepted the reality that closing wasn’t happening and was embarrassed to try to cancel. My family came anyway to cheer me up and we gathered in my apartment. They all said they were making a point of planning to come back and celebrate with me in the new home at Christmas. Christmas is in 2 weeks and I still don’t even have a closing date. My file has been cleared and cleared again by HAND. Can anyone explain to me why I’m not cleared to close? When will I know something concrete? Or is this whole deal lost, and I’m the last one to know?

• Posted December 12, 2014 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Your file is in the hands of the lender and your Clear to Close could come at any time now.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter