SALARY RANGE: $16/hour – $20/hour
REPORTS TO: Office Administration Manager
LOCATION: Offices Nationwide
CONTACT: HR Department: email@example.com
BENEFITS: Excellent single/family health and dental PPO, 75% employer contribution & 401K.
NACA has a strong track record of promoting from within and rewarding hard work. NACA seeks staff with a positive and open attitude, a willingness to work hard and pay attention to detail, flexibility, and determination to achieve and participate in NACA’s overall mission of economic justice and affordable home ownership for all.
The Office Administrator is responsible for the smooth operation of a NACA local office including answering the phones, greeting clients managing the front desk. Office operations include: site logistics, customer service, payroll administration, supervision of other administrative staff (if any), monitoring the activities and needs of the production staff and vendors, and many other functions. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to handle a wide range of assignments depending on the needs of the local office, NACA’s on-going local advocacy activities, and other duties as assigned. He/she must be able to multi-task given the numerous responsibilities and the likelihood of being the only administrative person in the office.
The position requires very strong administrative skills in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Customer Service: Administer customer appointments, waiting list and confirmations. Answer the phone, welcome clients, and address customer issues and questions to ensure outstanding customer service. Demonstrate knowledge of NACA’s programs to encourage participation and support of NACA’s programs and mission.
- Volunteer and Event Management: Arrange and execute the logistics and administration of frequent NACA public workshops that take place in locations throughout the community and other workshops at NACA. Administer volunteer participation by NACA Members and others.
- Payroll and Policy Administration: Process new Hires. Administer time cards and reporting. Communicate and reinforce NACA policies and procedures and monitor adherence. Maintain a professional and positive work environment while remaining alert to potential risks.
- Production Assistance: Monitor appointments, voice mails, emails, tickler systems and action plans for Mortgage Counselors and other customer-facing staff. Support efficient use of Mortgage Consultant time.
- Office Logistics: Monitor and order supplies. Manage office space with attention to efficient operation, attractive environment to Members and health and safety concerns.
The job requires approximately 45 to 50+ hours weekly and as necessary to meet the demands of the job, including evenings and some weekends. A typical work day is 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Mortgage and/or real estate courses preferred
- Three and more years of Administrative experience required
- Office Manager experience preferred
- Staff supervision preferred.
- Skills and Attributes:
- Energy and enthusiasm for NACA’s mission
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to speak languages other than English a plus. NACA strongly encourages applications from minority and bilingual candidates
NACA, the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (naca.com), is one of the most exciting organizations in the country. It is growing fast and offers tremendous opportunities for job growth and career development. NACA is a national non-profit homeownership, HUD-certified housing counseling and community advocacy organization. It is a high-profile organization whose affordable mortgage programs and community advocacy are frequently featured in the national, international and local media. Presently, NACA is the largest and most effective housing services organization in the country and is rapidly expanding our local office network and national call center and hiring for existing and new offices nationwide.
Started in 1988, NACA has a strong track-record of successful advocacy against predatory and discriminatory lenders. NACA’s success is a result of its aggressive, confrontational advocacy. NACA has taken on campaigns against some of the most powerful companies and individuals and has won. NACA has revolutionized mortgage lending with its mortgage programs and advocacy. NACA continues to this day its aggressive advocacy for low and moderate income people and communities in the fight for economic justice and affordable homeownership.
NACA has established the national standard for homeownership programs.
- Purchase – For homebuyers who will be owner-occupants, the Purchase Program makes the right to affordable homeownership a reality for homebuyers. By basing its mortgage underwriting criteria on homebuyers’ overall circumstances and not on traditional risk-based pricing or credit scores, NACA provides broad access to its Best in America mortgage –a mortgage with no down payment, no closing costs, no fees, no requirement for perfect credit, and is always at a below-market, fixed interest rate (go to naca.com for the current rate). Everyone gets the same incredible terms, including the below-market interest rate, regardless of their credit scores or other factors. NACA has $13 billion in mortgage commitments from the country’s largest lenders for this incredible mortgage product. Virtually 100% of NACA-Qualified customers are approved and funded.
- Renovations – For Purchase Program homebuyers whose property is in need of repairs. NACA’s Home and Neighborhood Development (“HAND”) department assists them throughout the repair and renovation process.
- Homeowner Assistance – For Purchase Program homeowners who experience financial difficulties, NACA’s Membership Assistance Program (“MAP”) provides services including mortgage modifications, payment agreements and financial assistance to help avoid foreclosure.
- Home Save – For homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage, NACA is the largest and most effective program in providing affordable solutions providing such solutions to over two-hundred-thousand at-risk homeowners nationwide. NACA has been able to restructure unaffordable mortgages by permanently reducing interest rates to as low as two-percent and reducing outstanding principle balances to achieve affordable mortgage payments. NACA has legally binding agreements with all the major servicers and lenders requiring them to provide the best solutions for at-risk homeowners through NACA.
Interested candidates may begin the application process at https://www.naca.com/nacaWeb/job/jobNews.aspx
Please be aware you will have a maximum of one hour to complete the application.