SALARY RANGE: $45,000- $65,000+, plus substantial production incentives
LOCATION: Offices Nationwide
CONTACT: HR Department: email@example.com
BENEFITS: Excellent single/family health and dental PPO, 75% employer contribution & 401K.
The Mortgage Consultant provides comprehensive, individual face-to-face housing counseling services in a local NACA office to homebuyers in NACA’s Purchase Program. The Mortgage Consultant assists homebuyers to overcome the roadblocks that prevent them from purchasing a home. This includes individual counseling to qualify for NACA’s Best in American mortgage (based on the Members overall circumstances, not credit scores) and assistance through the mortgage closing.
The Mortgage Consultant originates affordable mortgages for NACA-qualified home buyers:
- Counsel Home Buyers and Originate Mortgages:
- Understand the Member’s motivation to become a homeowner and provide clear direction.
- Work with the Member to develop an affordable budget and address budget issues, determine a maximum affordable purchase price, and provide Action Plans to homebuyers on their next steps.
- Educate the Member on alternative mortgage products or solutions.
- Assist Members during the housing search and home purchase.
- Submit and obtain mortgage applications and clear outstanding conditions.
- Provide Accurate Mortgage Analyses and Clear Written and Verbal Communication:
- Work with NACA’s software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless mortgage qualification, processing and underwriting.
- Write narrative analyses and action plans documenting next steps after each counseling session.
- Qualify Members by reviewing payment history, liabilities and other credit information.
- Examine and process documents, addressing issues as needed.
- Support NACA’s Mission
- Support and enthusiastically engage in NACA’s advocacy. This includes community issues, actions and campaigns. Support and defend the organization’s philosophy, tactics and advocacy. Educate Members on the NACA mission and its services. Conduct effective Home Buyer and Purchase Workshops.
- Assist in outreach focused on low/moderate income communities, churches and job sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Approximately 45 to 50+ hours weekly and as necessary to meet the demands of the job. Typical working hours are: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays, plus two weekends every month for Home Buyer Workshops and/or counseling.
Mortgage Consultant incentive is described in the NACA Results Compensation Program Incentive compensations depends on the number and category of loans closed. NACA offers a Development Period with additional base pay for training and development of a pipeline.
NACA is likely the only job in the mortgage industry that allows Mortgage Consultants to provide primarily low and moderate income borrowers with an incredible mortgage, and make considerable income without engaging in abusive lending practices (i.e. increase the rate, charge points or fees, etc.). NACA offers one single mortgage product to all its Members, whether a prime or sub-prime borrower. It is considered the Best Mortgage in America and there is tremendous demand for the program. A NACA Mortgage Consultant’s compensation is based on results with the expectation of closing five to ten loans per month and earning $65,000+ with the opportunity to make six figures.
- B.A. or B.S. – Preferred
- High School Graduate or Equivalency – Required
- Mortgage and/or real estate courses – Highly Preferred
At least two years demonstrating some or all of the following:
- Mortgage brokerage, origination and/or processing
- Counseling or social work, such as school guidance
- Other relevant experience: education; customer service; mortgage loss mitigation
- Real estate brokerage experience and/or knowledge
- Financial counseling or advisory role
Must already possess a Mortgage Loan Originator license in the state of employment or be able to obtain a license within 90 days of employment. Non-licensed Mortgage Consultants must pass state licensing exam(s) within 21 days of hire and obtain a license in 90 days. NACA will provide assistance with the education and exam process and will pay the pre-licensing education and the costs of obtaining and maintaining a license.
All applicants must complete an in-depth application on-line in the jobs section at www.naca.com.
NACA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages minorities and bilingual people, particularly those who speak and write in Spanish to apply.
NACA, the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (naca.com), is one of the most exciting organizations in the country. NACA is a national non-profit homeownership, HUD-certified housing counseling and community advocacy organization. We are a high-profile organization whose affordable mortgage programs and community advocacy are frequently featured in the national, international and local media. NACA is the largest and most effective housing services organization in the country and is rapidly growing with 40+ offices nationwide, a counseling center in Charlotte, and over 500 staff. We are hiring many additional staff for existing and new offices nationwide, local organizers, and managers based in the Boston corporate office with opportunities for career development and advancement. NACA’s seeks staff with a positive and open attitude, a willingness to work hard, pays attention to detail, and is flexible. The candidate must also have a determination to achieve NACA’s mission of economic justice and a willingness to participate in NACA sponsored or supported campaigns and activities.
Started in 1988, NACA has a strong track-record of successful advocacy against predatory and discriminatory lenders. NACA’s success is a result of its aggressive, confrontational advocacy. We have taken on campaigns against some of the country’s most powerful companies and individuals and won. NACA has revolutionized mortgage lending with its mortgage programs and advocacy. NACA continues its aggressive advocacy for working people and communities in the fight for economic justice and affordable homeownership for all. In addition to affordable homeownership, this includes precedent setting multi-state ballot initiatives on issues such as student debt, tax equity, voter access and other economic justice issues.
NACA has established the national standard for homeownership programs.
- Purchase – For homebuyers who will be owner-occupants, the Purchase Program makes the right to affordable homeownership a reality for homebuyers. By basing its mortgage underwriting criteria on homebuyers’ overall circumstances and not on traditional risk-based pricing or credit scores, NACA provides broad access to its Best in America mortgage –a mortgage with no down payment, no closing costs, no fees, no requirement for perfect credit and is always at a below-market, fixed interest rate (go to naca.com for the current rate). Everyone gets the same incredible terms, including the below-market interest rate, regardless of their credit scores or other factors. NACA has $13 billion in mortgage commitments from the country’s largest lenders for this incredible mortgage product. Virtually 100% of NACA-Qualified customers are approved and funded.
- Renovations – For Purchase Program homebuyers whose property is in need of repairs. NACA’s Home and Neighborhood Development (“HAND”) department assists them throughout the repair and renovation process.
- Homeowner Assistance – For Purchase Program homeowners who experience financial difficulties, NACA’s Membership Assistance Program (“MAP”) provides services including mortgage modifications, payment agreements and financial assistance to help avoid foreclosure.
- Home Save – For homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage, NACA is the largest and most effective program in providing affordable solutions providing such solutions to over two-hundred-thousand at-risk homeowners nationwide. NACA has been able to restructure unaffordable mortgages by permanently reducing interest rates to as low as two-percent and reducing outstanding principle balances to achieve affordable mortgage payments. NACA has legally binding agreements with all the major servicers and lenders requiring them to provide the best solutions for at-risk homeowners through NACA.
This job description is solely for descriptive purposes and the responsibilities may change. It does not constitute a contract for employment, and all employment at NACA is at-will.
Interested candidates may begin the application process at https://www.naca.com/nacaWeb/job/jobNews.aspx
Please be aware you will have a maximum of one hour to complete the application.