Documents Needed for NACA Purchase Program

Here are the documents needed to begin the process of getting a mortgage through the NACA Purchase Program.  Make sure you provide the following: 

• Pay Stubs (most recent 30 days)
  • Bank Statement for all accounts (last 90 days, all pages) even if blank
  • Self Employed persons…most recent 12 month all pages including blank. Itemized Business Deposits (BD) Itemized Business Expense (BE)
  • Self Employment worksheet (received at event or workshop)
  • your work history, residence history and bank account(s) information
  • W-2 (2012 & 2013) • Federal Income Tax Return last 2 years. (2012 & 2013)
  • Copy of the most recent 401k, PERA, Retirement statement (all pages)
  • Completely filled out Budget forms (received at event or workshop) 
  • Signed Membership Agreement (received at event or workshop)
  • Signed Authorization (received at event or workshop)
  • Signed Participation Pledge (received at event or workshop)
  • Landlord Contacts Form from Purchase Work Shop Book (received at event or workshop) 
  • Employer Contacts Form from Purchase Work Shop Book (received at event or workshop)
  • Check for membership and Credit Report ($20 yearly membership & fee for credit report for each household member over age 21) or you can go online to your NACA web file and pay the membership and credit report fees.

Make sure you bring ALL the documents mentioned above even if you faxed them prior to the event or workshop, as sometimes they do not fax properly.

We wish you the best on your journey to home ownership!

This entry was posted in NACA Purchase Program, NACA Technology, Save the Dream, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

13 Comments

1. FTHB
    Posted May 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Tim,

Can you tell me, does the down payment money that NAC provide get rolled into the member’s loan? For some reason my MC is giving me an estimate for my mortgage using the purchase price and isn’t subtracting the 3.5% down payment. Is that right? Because a lender is giving me a lower mortgage quote than NACA based on this discrepancy.

• Posted May 30, 2014 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Hello FTHB,

I’m afraid the way your question is phrased I don’t quite understand what you are asking. Please send me your name, NACA ID number and Forum screen name at the email address below so I may review your file.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

• Posted June 1, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Hello FTHB,

Thank you for the clarification. The 3.5% will not be used as a down payment, but rather to buy down the interest rate, which is a much more effective use of the money. As such, the loan amount will be based on the full purchase price. Buying down the interest rate will allow you to either have a lower monthly payment or a higher maximum purchase price.

Tim Trumble
        Online Operations, NACA
        ttrumble@naca.com

• FTHB
          Posted June 2, 2014 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Tim,
          Thanks for the response. If I am understanding you correctly, NACA provides the 3.5% down payment that is usually required for FHA loans, but instead of applying it to the home purchase price, it is always automatically used to buy down the interest rate? If this is the case, Is that buy down factored into the current NACA interest rate or is it in addition to the NACA rate?

This isn’t how I understood the NACA program, so I’m going to ask the question a different way, to ensure there isn’t any confusion: When NACA says the member has no down payment, does this mean that NACA is providing the usual 3.5% down payment for the Member? Or has NACA set up an agreement where there is simply no down payment that needs to be provided?

I apologize if my question is confusing.

• Posted June 2, 2014 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Hello FTHB,

NACA is indeed a no down payment program. This is not an FHA program and in fact surpasses FHA in affordability because it also does not include the expensive PMI payments in which you pay an insurance premium each month for the life of the loan that protects the investor on the mortgage and not you.

I’m not sure where you got the notion that a 3.5% down payment was required. It appears that your inaccurate presumption was the source of the confusion. Any down payment funds you may have, including those from grant programs, can be used to buy down the interest rate on the loan. As I noted previously, this saves you far more money over the life of the loan compared to a simple down payment.

Hopefully this clarifies things for you. I strongly suggest you sign up for a Purchase workshop in your area at your first opportunity. It will provide you with a great deal more detail on how the program works.

I wish you the best on your journey to home ownership!

Tim Trumble
            Online Operations, NACA
            ttrumble@naca.com

• FTHB
            Posted June 2, 2014 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Tim,

Thanks very much for the clarification. This makes sense now. I have attended a purchase workshop and now I’m patiently waiting (it’s been over 72 hours) for underwriting to let me know that I’m qualified. For some reason, I assumed that the no down payment meant that NACA/Lender was covering the down payment. I’m aware of NACA and generally understand the savings it can bring, but the process and the turnaround is excruciatingly slow. Has NACA considered hiring more MCs and underwriters to manage the load?

• FTHB
            Posted June 3, 2014 at 11:24 am | Permalink

It seems like my posts are mysteriously being deleted… Tim, I’m just checking to find out whether you received the e-mail message I sent with my NACA ID and question?

• Posted June 4, 2014 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Please refer to the email you have been sent.

Tim Trumble
            Online Operations, NACA
            ttrumble@naca.com

2. FTHB
    Posted June 2, 2014 at 2:03 am | Permalink

Tim,
    Thanks for the response. If I am understanding you correctly, NACA provides the 3.5% down payment that is usually required for FHA loans, but instead of applying it to the home purchase price, it is always automatically used to buy down the interest rate? If this is the case, Is that buy down factored into the current NACA interest rate or is it in addition to the NACA rate?

This isn’t how I understood the NACA program, so I’m going to ask the question a different way, to ensure there isn’t any confusion: When NACA says the member has no down payment, does this mean that NACA is providing the usual 3.5% down payment for the Member? Or has NACA set up an agreement where there is simply no down payment that needs to be provided?

I apologize if my question is confusing.

3. Winsome Azan
    Posted May 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

I filed bankruptcy 3 years ago will this automatically disqualify me from the program.

• Posted May 16, 2016 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Hello Winsome Azan,

We can work with you as soon as two years after the discharge of the bankruptcy.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

4. Lsav
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

My credit score is really low. I’m trying to raise it. Would like to buy a house and stop paying high rent. I no I could get a lower house payment than I pay n rent and it would b mine. Just not sure if you can help me with my credit score.

• Posted February 24, 2017 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Hello Lsav,

The NACA program does not use your credit score, so your concerns about it affecting your ability to buy a home are unfounded. Please go to our website at http://www.naca.com and register for a workshop in your area to learn about the process and get started.

Tim Trumble
      Online Operations, NACA
      ttrumble@naca.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter