TTrumble

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 6,721 through 6,735 (of 6,777 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: HELP…Selling Agent doesn’t want to work with NACA. #621
    TTrumble

Hello groy22799,

I am sorry that the seller’s agent is being so difficult. While neither I nor NACA are qualified to give legal advice, their action in refusing to work with you because you are a NACA member is quite possibly illegal. Their refusal is potentially a Federal crime, violating the Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968). Since NACA is a HUD certified counseling agency and works primarily with low-to-moderate income families, their refusal to work with a NACA member is potentially discriminatory.

I strongly suggest you contact your local Board of Realtors to file a complaint against the seller’s agent, and your state’s Attorney General’s Office to report the seller and the agent if you meet further resistance. You may also want to call the Housing and Civil Enforcement section of the US Department of Justice at 1-800-896-7743 to report this as well.

Your source of funding should not be of concern to the seller as long as it is legitimate. Please contact me at the e-mail address below to keep me advised of your progress.

Thank you! I wish you the best!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Best Scenario to get a Homesave Modification #615
    TTrumble

Hello dmn6462,

I’m afraid you are asking me to look into a crystal ball on that one…

I’m always telling members that mortgages are like fingerprints because no two are exactly the same. The current rate, the terms, the modification guidelines established by the investor, the nature of your hardship and other factors all add up to make your case different from everyone else’s. It’s also why cookie-cutter programs like HAMP have been such a dismal failure.

I’m afraid the only way you will find out for sure is to try. Since all of our services are free, you have nothing to lose but a few hours of your time. I wish you the best!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by TTrumble.
    in reply to: Hey Tim, we just got a denial letter overnighted #592
    TTrumble

Hello chriso,

Go ahead and fax in a copy of the letter. It isn’t going to hurt anything to have it on file.

You really don’t don’t have to respond to the letter at all if you don’t want to. If you do contact her, she will likely try to get you to withdraw from NACA as the only way she can “help” you.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Hey Tim, we just got a denial letter overnighted #586
    TTrumble

Now you’re back on the right track!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: B of A stalling my application #585
    TTrumble

Hello hugohurtado,

You are unfortunately a nearly classic example of what people go through when trying to get a modification on their own.

First, thoughts like “Is B of A stalling so I lose my home?” simply have to stop. While there is a point at which they will begin foreclosure, the bank does not want to take your home because they will lose thousands of dollars in the process. They are not deliberately stalling for that or any other reason.

The banks are unwieldy and poorly organized, but thinking they deliberately want to take your home is completely off track and is in fact very dangerous. I have seen homeowners who react to something the bank does with that mindset and frequently make the worst possible decision as a result.

You don’t really specify if you are already a NACA member. If you are not, you can start the process of working through NACA by going to our website, http://www.naca.com and clicking on the blue “Home Save” button. If you are already a NACA member, please send me your name and NACA ID number at the e-mail address below so I can review your file and properly advise you.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: BofA ask for more……..again #582
    TTrumble

Hello ineedhelp,

First, when the new Forum was established, another member latched on to the screen name you had used in the old forum, hence the problem you experienced. Just for the sake of being thorough, please e-mail me your NACA ID number so I can make sure my records are straight.

You essentially answered your own questions. You are absolutley right Obviously, the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing. Those packets you received are from other departments that have nothing to do with your NACA file. Ignore them. And PLEASE stop thinking “I just dont want to get foreclosed on and sent my closing documents simutaneously…… which is apparently the way this two-headed monster is working…………….. is a possibility…”. (You already know better.) 😉

Until the modification is finalized, the terms of the loan have not officially changed, and normal collection activity will continue. Even if it should go as far as foreclosure being started, any auction date scheduled will get cancelled since they are in the process of finalizing your modification.

You have nothing to worry about at this point.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Citi "clear to close"? #572
    TTrumble

Hello nupe1911,

Looks like you’re not quite there yet. It appears there needs to be a minor correction on a document. Nothing that will require your direct involvement though.

Closing next week wouldn’t surprise me at all. Looks like it will depend on how qucikly Citi turns the documents around. I’m optomistic though!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

You are very close to closing though!

in reply to: Payment Shock or MRF? #571
    TTrumble

Agreed. The only difference is that payment shock savings must continue up until closing even if MRF has been reached.

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: US Bank #570
    TTrumble

Hello Porter445,

Just FYI, US Bank is most likely the largest bank in the country that has not signed an agreement with NACA and does not attend out events. They do accept our proposals and we have gotten modifications on US Bank mortgages, but it can require more effort than the banks that work directly with us. (Bruce Marks recently stated that US Bank may well be the next “target” of our advocacy efforts!)

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Hey Tim, we just got a denial letter overnighted #569
    TTrumble

Hello chriso,

Actually, you probably WON’T see it on your NACA file. Remember that any direct contact from the servicer is not related to the NACA proposal, since their contract with us requires that all contact regarding the NACA proposal be made through the NACA file. If this were a denial to the NACA proposal, they would have posted it in the file before generating the letter.

If it’s not IN your NACA file, it’s not ABOUT your NACA file.

BTW, I got a chuckle out of the “Astrophysicist” reference in your other post! The lenders want to make it overcomplicated, but we’re about keeping it “down to earth”! 😀

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: HSBC/HFC #566
    TTrumble

Hello dcmeyerhoff,

First, please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. We understand the huge amount of stress that can be caused by not only losing your spouse, but having it also result in potentially losing the home in which you shared your lives.

Depending on how convenient the event at the Georgia World Congress Center and who the investor on your mortgage is, it still may be advantageous to attend the event.

Even though HSBC has not signed an agreement with NACA and does not attend the events, we do submit modification proposals to them and do get modifications in many cases. Additionally, if the investor on your mortgage is Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, they will have representatives at the event you can speak with even though HSBC will not be there.

Otherwise, we are able to conduct the entire Home Save process remotely by phone, fax and internet. It simply takes longer to get the proposal created and submitted. You can go to our website at http://www.naca.com, click on the blue “Home Save” button and begin the process there.

We are able and ready to work with you on saving your home. I wish you the best!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: moudify morgage from interst only to fix 15 years #562
    TTrumble

Hello shahriar1346,

Unfortunately, you have given me almost no information to work with, making it impossible to give you proper advice. If you are already a NACA member, please e-mail me at the address below with your name and NACA ID number. I will review your file and properly advise you.

If you are not yet a NACA member please go to our website at http://www.naca.com, click on the blue “Home Save” button and begin the process of creating a proposal for the modification of your mortgage.

You may also want to check the list of cities for our American Dream Events on the home page. If we have an event coming up in a city near you, you can register to attend the event where the proposal can be created and you mayy speak face to face with a CitiMortgage representative.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: AMS Servicing? #561
    TTrumble

Hello wac812,

Nothing unusual here, and actually nothing to be worried about.

Remember that until the final modification documents have been issued, signed and returned, the terms on your mortgage have not officially been changed, and normal collection efforts can and will continue. Even if it continues all the way to the foreclosure stage, any auction date scheduled is easily postponed under these circumstances.

Please continue to make the trial payments on time each month until you receive the final modification documents. With the huge number of people seeking mortgage modifications it has become almost commonplace for it to take 30 to 60 days for the final modification documents to be sent once the offical trial period has ended. (I recently had a member who went an additional five months before the final documents arrived!)

So yes, my standard mantra of “patience and persistence” still applies. 😉

Please make sure to keep me updated!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Current rate #538
    TTrumble

Hello adamnbrit,

Just FYI, there are no indications that interest rates are going to going to change significantly any time soon. In fact the Federal Reserve has made a long term commitment to keeping rates low to help the economic recovery. I think you’ll be in good shape when your turn comes around!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: BofA HELOC Mod Denied, After modifying 1st #525
    TTrumble

Hello nacasark,

You simply are going to have to apply for modification on the HELOC again. Something doesn’t quite add up in the reason you related for the denial though. Servicers never modify a second/HELOC until after the first has been modified, so denying you for the reason you stated simply doesn’t make a lot of sense. If it did, then no second would ever get modified.

Are you sure that they didn’t decline the modification because after the modification on the first mortgage, the HELOC is now affordable? They may have looked at total DTI (Debt To Income) Ratio after the modification and determined it was already within their guidelines. That is an entirely different situation.

In either case, you are simply going to have to try again with BOA to get the second loan modified. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

Viewing 15 posts - 6,721 through 6,735 (of 6,777 total)
Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter