TTrumble

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 6,706 through 6,720 (of 6,777 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Anyone working with NACA in the San Antonio Area #681
    TTrumble

Hello MarriednHappy,

Please send me your name and NACA ID number at the email address below so I may review your file and properly advise you.

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by TTrumble.
    in reply to: Citi "clear to close"? #680
    TTrumble

Congratulations Murlin!

in reply to: Will my file ever be submitted??? Help. #665
    TTrumble

Hello wenmac24,

Plesae send me your name and NACA ID number at the e-mail address below so I may review your file and properly advise you.

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Citi "clear to close"? #664
    TTrumble

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

in reply to: frustrated #663
    TTrumble

Hello pgriffin9166,

Please send me your name and NACA ID number so I may review your file and properly advise you.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Eligible if I own another home? #662
    TTrumble

Hello maggie,

There have been recent, though minor, changes to our multiple-property restriction, and they can be a bit confusing, even to our staff.

Originally, if you owned more than one property, we we forbidden from helping you at all. A few months ago, members who came to Save the Dream or American Dream Events who owned more than one property were able to go see their servicer if they were in attendance at the event. However, they could not be counseled, have a proposal created or be advocated for by NACA.

Very recently, things have opened up just a wee bit more. IF you attend an American Dream Event, IF your servicer is in attendance AND IF the mortgage you need help with is for your primary residence, then NACA can now counsel and create a proposal for you at the event before seeing your servicer. All three criteria must be met before we can help however.

Presuming that you are in California because of your reference to the Oakland office, our next West Coast events will not be before September at the earliest, since our tour schedule is already set through the end of August. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact me at the e-mail address below. I wish you the best!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Currently in Chapter 13 #657
    TTrumble

Hello the4normans,

To qualify under the NACA Purchase Plan, the Chapter 13 must be discharged. There is no waiting period beyond the discharge however. In fact, the BK13 payments may be used as an alternative line of credit if necessary for qualification.

While FHA may allow you to qualify before discharge, you will also be paying a higher interest rate as well as PMI with the FHA loan. The decision you will need to make is whether waiting until the BK is discharged is worth the money you will save from the lower interst rate and not paying for PMI.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Volunteering #656
    TTrumble

Of course it will be counted as two.

in reply to: New message #642
    TTrumble

Hello ineedhelp,

Effectively, it simply says they are still working on finalizing the permanent modification. Frustrating I know, but not really a bad thing. At least they are acknowledging it. I’d be worried if we weren’t heraing anything at all. Go ahead and send in that next payment and keep your eyes on your file for any new developments. and make sure to keep me updated.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Overcoming Bankruptcy Past #640
    TTrumble

Hello mgwagner,

We are truly sad to hear that you are going to lose thehome. If you are reqlinqishing the home to short sale or foreclosure, you are going to be a renter for the next two years, especially with the BK. When you are again eligible for home ownership, NACA will be happy to work with you, and in fact we recomment that you start the process one year after exiting the previous home. When the time comes, simply log on to the NACA website and look for a convenient Home Buyer’s Workshop to start the process.

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: "qualified" nightmare #634
    TTrumble

Hello channon1208,

First, I should probably state here that my response to your question is going to be more personal opinion than “official” NACA advice.

You may be dealing with someone who thinks that just because the housing market is making a slow recovery that it suddenly is no longer a buyer’s market and they can play old-school games with the price again.

My thought is based on the old saying “the best defense is a good offense”. I would suggest you begin shopping for a “second choice” house and make no secret of it. Don’t just say you are going to look for another option, actually go ahead and start looking. Once the seller sees for a fact that their only seriously interested buyer may be going elsewhere they are going to be more likely to deal with you. Tell them that your qualification is due to expire on July 11 and you aren’t going to waste time and let it expire on you.

In the event it does get to that point, your MC should be able to get you re-qualified with only minor document updates, so there isn’t much to be concerned with there. Dealing with your current lease will likely be the bigger issue.

I hope there are others here who will chime in with their experiences that are similar to yours. Please keep us updated on your progress!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Just starting the program, what to expect #632
    TTrumble

Hello all,

As I posted in another thread a few moments ago, the best way to get through the qualification process quickly is to be over-prepared. For example, members who have past collection issues could deal with them in advance instead of waiting for the MC to discover them and put them on a task list.

Federal law allows you to get your credit report at no charge once each year through the website https://www.annualcreditreport.com. Members who get their report and are proactive on getting any issues there taken care of in advance don’t have to have the process delayed as a result. Likewise, keep the paystubs and bank statements current in your file. Don’t wait to be asked to explain any additional deposits other than normal income, but send the written explanation in with the bank statement.

Try to think ahead and be prepared in advance instead of waiting for your MC to ask for things. Not only will that eliminate unnecessary delays, but it will probably keep you top-of-mind with your MC since your proactive involvement will definitely make you stand out from his or her “normal” members.

(BTW, nobody knows better than I that Forum members tend to be more proactive about the process to begin with, but it’s still good advice for everyone!)

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by TTrumble.
    in reply to: Paying Medical Collections #631
    TTrumble

Hello Nieckp0302,

Your best bet is to use the collections agency’s own tactics against them until the letter is sent. Call them every day relentlessly, asking when the letter is going to be sent. Speak to anyone and everyone you can reach there. The collectors, the managers, the receptionist, the janitor even! Be the one person they all know about and hope they don’t hear from. Become a “polite pest” and you’ll likely have your letter within a few days.

The best way to get through the qualification process quickly is to be over-prepared. For example, members who have past collection issues could deal with them in advance instead of waiting for the MC to discover them and put them on a task list.

Federal law allows you to get your credit report at no charge once each year. Members who get their report and are proactive on getting any issues there care of in advance don’t have to have the process delayed. Likewise, keep the paystubs and bank statements current in your file. Don’t wait to be asked to explain any additional deposits other than normal income, but send the written explanation in with the bank statement.

Try to think ahead and be prepared in advance instead of waiting for your MC to ask for things. Not only will that eliminate unnecessary delays, but it will probably keep you top-of-mind with your MC since your proactive involvement will definitely make you stand out from his or her “normal” members.

I wish you the best!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: HELP…Selling Agent doesn’t want to work with NACA. #624
    TTrumble

Hello groy22799,

I agree with you completely that something doesn’t make sense here. Please send me your name and NACA ID number at the e-mail address below so I can review your file and advise you properly as well as contact you privately.

Thanks!

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

in reply to: Closing seems to be in holding pattern… #623
    TTrumble

It looks as if there is one document that still needs to be dealt with before the Clear to Close is granted. It looks like next week is going to be a very good one for you!

Please make sure to keep me updated.

Tim Trumble
    Online Operations, NACA
    ttrumble@naca.com

Viewing 15 posts - 6,706 through 6,720 (of 6,777 total)
Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter