Elliott Balsley

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

For anyone using a regular computer, you can access it here in a web browser. Just paste in either a Redfin URL or a street address

http://home.llamafilm.com:43080/naca_web.php

in reply to: FFIEC missing data #66372
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

Yes I’m happy to share. Let me know if you find any problems with it. This shortcut works with the Redfin iOS app only. I may try to add a computer web browser option in the future if I have time. To clarify, this is my own work and is not affiliated with NACA in any way. I’m using US Census data to geocode the address and then look it up in the FFIEC database.

Instructions:

1. If you have never used iOS Shortcuts before, you may need to open the Settings app and allow untrusted shortcuts.
    2. Click this link on your iOS device and follow the prompt to “add untrusted shortcut” https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/c09841427d8b4033a15fd8afc48d7ae4
    3. Find a house in the Redfin app and tap Share
    4. Tap More Options
    5. Tap NACA Lookup
    6. Wait a few seconds and you will see a notification. Deep press that to see a map, which is useful to make sure it found the right house.

P.S. For some reason this forum keeps deleting my post. Maybe because I’m trying to include a screenshot.

in reply to: Eviction Moratorium #66332
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

Apparently landlords only report late payments at their discretion, and in fact doing so requires their paying a fee to each credit bureau. So in general, how does NACA find out about late payments? Do they just check the credit report or something else?

in reply to: Disclosing personal information #66301
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

Sharing basic info like name and address doesn’t really bother me, since it’s mostly public record, as you pointed out. I also understand the need to share grouped / anonymous statistical data with various agencies, and I’m fine with that. The difference here is that NACA gets access to a great deal of private information including bank statements, detailed monthly budget, and tax returns. Stuff that would be valuable to marketers.

Anyway, it seems there is nothing I can do about this, and NACA’s loan terms are better than all the others so I will proceed, trusting that my data will be handled with as much privacy as possible. But I still think the contract ought to be tightened up in this regard, to specify which information will be shared and with whom.

in reply to: Special Assessments #66298
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to explain.
    Experience has taught me to always examine contracts with a suspicious eye in order to protect myself. But your kindness is reassuring, and I do know that NACA has a long history of consumer advocacy, so I will trust you on this matter.

in reply to: Special Assessments #66247
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

What are the special assessments all about? The way the contract is worded, they could be for any amount and we are required to pay?

in reply to: Disclosing personal information #66246
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

Tim, thanks for your reply. I completely understand that the bank needs all this financial information to approve the loan. My concern is all the other groups listed, including “others” so there is essentially no limit to the parties NACA may share with.
    In addition to the required usage of loan approval, these parties may use all of our private information for purposes of program evaluation, monitoring, advocacy, compliance and/or outreach activities.

It sounds like you are essentially saying, “Trust us, we won’t misuse your data even though we are allowed to.” This does not sit well with me. If this were a paper contract, I would strike through and edit some parts, but how can we do this since it has to be signed digitally on the web file?

in reply to: FFIEC missing data #66245
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

That particular building has a few condos for sale, that’s how I found it on Redfin. There seem to be at least several dozen homes in this tract. I’m actually not interested in this location myself; the question just came up as I was building my application, and I was just curious how it would be handled. I suppose maybe NACA would look at this kind of location on a case by case basis.

in reply to: Can iPhone send fax? #65999
    Elliott Balsley
    Participant

You can use services such as faxzero.com from an iPhone. Why would you need to? I thought NACA does not accept faxes and they want everything through the web file.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter