azallin

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think these events are great and am in no way trying to put down the program. I trust that my MC is doing their best to help me. My concern is some of the comments that come from member services are not helpful and worry producing. I think it’s important to point out opportunities for additional training for staff.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by azallin.
    azallin
    Participant

I’ve been approved- outstanding conditions since middle of April with close date 5/28. Submitted my LOE and documentation for my most recent round of conditions (hopefully last) in the morning of 5/8.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by azallin.
    in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #67746
    azallin
    Participant

@Al92

I’ve been uploading them on my web file and sending a copy to my MC. I don’t always get a response from my MC but I like to be a polite pest and I add a blurb at the end of every email now after some advice @TTrumble left on another forum discussion, basically “Please let me know if there is anything else I can or should do to help you push my file through.” After I started adding that line my MC response to questions and concerns is often along the lines of “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.” And it looks like he is for the most part.

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #67715
    azallin
    Participant

Approved- Outstanding Conditions- Condition requesting proof of payment for student loans that have not entered repayment 4/24

Provided LOE and letter from lender for total student loan payment when all are in repayment. Checked in with MC and he confirmed that what I had provided should have satisfied BOA. He did speculate that with the shelter-at-home orders in place and the skyrocketing applications for refinancing, that there are newer people handling NACA apps.

Same condition popped in and out several times 4/27-5/1

Same condition again 5/6

New LOE and lender documentation of the estimated total payment once entering repayment submitted. Emailed MC and called member services to have file escalated. Initial estimated closing date 5/28.

azallin
    Participant

Additionally,

I am in school currently and my recent graduate student loans all show in-school deferment. I had a custom letter made by my lender that listed all of my loans and the estimated total monthly payment on the income based repayment plan. I made it through approval and NACA UW without an issue with this letter but BOA seems to have an issue with it. I have been trying to get my lender to produce a new custom letter that breaks it all down by individual loan and payment for each but keep getting different responses from the lender and end up with the same letter of total estimated payment without the breakdown (going on for almost four weeks now). This was something I am trying to get on my own and not something my MC said I need to get. Is this going to be a denial point with BOA if I can’t get a breakdown? @TTrumble

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #67253
    azallin
    Participant

Credit Access Approved and Appraisal ordered 4/16
    Bank App submitted 4/17 PM
    BofA Credit pull and appraisal completed 4/21 AM
    Status update to Underwriting-Initial Review 4/21 PM
    Appraisal uploaded 4/22 AM

in reply to: Qualification Letter #67189
    azallin
    Participant

@HopefulThisYear

I had a similar issue. I had to get a letter about the gift funds and proof they existed somewhere in an account.

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #67026
    azallin
    Participant

HAND cleared AM 4/15
    Credit access conditions- 1)Joint Asset Letter 2)LOE for recent deposit (COVID-19 stimulus). Letters uploaded within an hour of notification PM 4/15

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by azallin.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by azallin.
    in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #66986
    azallin
    Participant

Under contract 4/11
    Home inspection AM 4/13
    Status update to property identified PM 4/13
    Upload home inspection and termite AM 4/14
    HAND condition- condition addressed AM 4/14
    Loan estimate accepted PM 4/14
    Status update to credit access PM 4/14

in reply to: Interest rate below 3% on 30 year mortgage? #66959
    azallin
    Participant

@Taco

I don’t have an answer for you but was curious as to how long did it take for you to receive your loan estimate? I’ve read in a couple of places that it is automatically generated but I still have not seen mine after submitting the P&S over the weekend (4/11).

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #66859
    azallin
    Participant

Purchase Workshop 3/26/20
    Picked Realtor w/o NACA experience 3/29/20
    RED class completed by realtor 3/31/20
    Walked house and requested property specific letter end of day 4/7/20
    Property letter received and offer made on house 4/8/20

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by azallin.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by azallin.
    in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #66474
    azallin
    Participant

PROCESS SO FAR

Home-buyer Workshop 6/15/19
    Intake 3/2/20
    Submitted to UW 3/9/20
    Denied (conditions-volunteer activity) 3/13/20
    Volunteer activity 3/14/20
    Resubmitted to UW 3/16/20
    Denied (conditions-student loan payment clarification) 3/18/20
    Resubmitted to UW 3/19/20
    Qualified 3/23/20

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #66402
    azallin
    Participant

After 30 minutes on the phone with my MC it seems we are starting to get on the same page.

The confusion seems to be regarding federal student loans. Which seem to be common theme across many of the forum posts.

Background:
    I have multiple federal student loans across undergrad and grad school with a couple not in repayment because I graduate from grad school in May 2021.

At the very start of this process I made sure to have a specialized letter created by my student loan holder stating what the total monthly payment will be for all of my loan once they are in repayment based on the income based repayment plan. Now one problem with the letter is the payment amount it listed is the total household payment, however, they did not add that caveat, so it reads as if it is my payment and not a combination with my spouse. We are a single income home filing taxes jointly so there is a total household payment between our loans that is established. This would not be the case if we filed separately.

Now even with that little miss it was only a difference of $74 per month on our DTI ratio. Now I am not sure if due to the amount of documents I submitted it got lost in the shuffle but the UW unfortunately used the student loan calculator to determine what my payment is and it was 6X more then what the true payment is. Thankfully my very patient MC took the time for me to fully explain the federal student loans and sent him the letter again, directing him to the statement at the bottom of the letter stipulating the total payment and accepting that the DTI is going to be off by $74 for the time being until I get a new letter. My MC said he will be resubmitting my file to UW today. So now I will just wait for that text message update of file status pending.

If you have student loans that are not in repayment make sure to ask for a full repayment letter well in advance of submitting your paperwork. I have had to request the letter twice and it has taken almost a month for them to complete it.

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #66398
    azallin
    Participant

Denied (conditions-blank) 3/18/20

I emailed and left a message for my MC within minutes of receiving my second denial but no response by the end of yesterday.

It was frustrating and a little heart breaking to see this status with no explanation as prior to this, my only condition was volunteering. I was fully expecting (putting the cart before the horse) to get into the next purchase class schedule for today and get started on the next process of this journey.

3/19 Contacted the NACA virtual help to inquire about the blank conditions. Their response was “work on student loan payments and demonstrate saving before resubmitting file”.

This again brought about strong emotions as both of these things had been addressed in great detail before the first UW submission. Lets assume that the UW identified that I hadn’t yet completed my volunteer activity and denied my file based on that the first time. Should it have taken 96 hours from my MC submitting the file to get that response? With 96 hours I would assume they would have looked at the file and identified any other barriers to qualification.

I immediately called member services (local office wasn’t open yet). I spoke to a wonderful women who was able to provide additional clarification. She was able to explain that my MC had already gone back and forth with the UW on the shock savings part. The last note was my MC response but no reply from UW. The second part was UW instructing MC about using the student loan repayment calculator if a letter could not be obtained from student loan provider. I immediately resubmitted the letter already in my file and tried to get ahold of my MC.

The front office answered and was able to tell me my MC had been working on my file this morning but was with another client currently and would call me later today. I want to first state that I have no issues with my MC and do not think any of this is his fault. My frustration is the lack of transparency with UW. Had they immediately just put it in my web file, I could have started some LOE or resubmitted documents. Blank conditions really seems unreasonable. And before anyone asks, the first time I was denied with conditions, there was a link I could click on to see the conditions, there was no such link or alternative to view the conditions. I’m not sure if this is a technical issue or planned. From my point of view I am working with my MC to satisfy the UW. Too much time is lost with only MC being able to see the conditions. What could be addressed within a matter of minutes takes the MC longer since they have many other clients and it then takes hours or days to get back to us with something that takes little time for us to accomplish. We don’t fully realize the back and forth the MCs do for us behind the scenes, however, more transparency might go a ways in both directions on smoothing out the process.

It seems like it is a wash to get into the purchase workshop this week so hopefully next week. I did ramble on a bit but I feel that the more detailed feedback we are able to provide NACA, the better NACA can identify isolated problems or something that may need to be addressed nationally.

in reply to: Starting the Process in the West #66300
    azallin
    Participant

Denied (conditions-volunteer activity) 3/13/20
    Volunteer activity 3/14/20
    Resubmitted to UW 3/16/20

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)