JackNapier

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Participation after closing #69229
    JackNapier

How can I get referrals to NACA if no one I know is in the market for buying a house? Now is not the time to be visiting people. Social distancing has thrown a wrench in our plans.

in reply to: Participation #67683
    JackNapier

My wife and I were originally told we would have to get points separately. Apparently our first MC was new. We later learned that it was only 5 combined total participation points needed.

in reply to: Trying to stay positive but it’s hard #63234
    JackNapier

I truly understand your frustration. We had our closing date changed 3 times before actually closing. Calling Mortgage Processing helped tremendously. After calling them and personally requesting my file be escalated, we received our final CTC in mere hours. I was definitely at the edge of walking away from NACA, but the forums and people like @Nelsont helped me stay with it. We started our NACA journey in November 2018 and closed on our house November 2019. Which in hindsight, wasn’t bad at all. I had to learn that the problem wasn’t with NACA. It was with BofA and NACA was doing all it could to help with the process. Hang in there. If the sellers walk away they won’t get a buyer quicker than you can close, unless that buyer shows up with cash money on the spot.

in reply to: What next? #62444
    JackNapier

@Tara585 thanks. It took a lot of prayer and patience. Trust me, I was going to give up hope if we had not closed before the end of November. This forum helped tremendously.

@2BLESSED
    we most certainly will. Thanks

in reply to: What next? #62439
    JackNapier

We closed on our house this morning. Thanks to everyone in the forums for their help. Apparently naca has a lot of members trying to close before the holidays which is causing a backup with BOA. Definitely should’ve been calling mortgage processing earlier. They got the ball rolling in the right direction.

in reply to: What next? #62299
    JackNapier

Thanks for all your help guys. Got our final CTC and set for closing tomorrow. Praise god

in reply to: What next? #62293
    JackNapier

@Peapod0609 yeah, I definitely should’ve been calling them. I was just told that my file was escalated and to call back if I don’t see any changes. One of the reasons I didn’t call was because my MC already stated she was gonna try to get our file escalated. Which apparently she didn’t. Thanks again you guys

in reply to: What next? #62290
    JackNapier

@Nelsont thanks again. I’m currently on the phone with mortgage processing and I hope to have an update soon. I’m praying for keys in hand by Friday

in reply to: What next? #62286
    JackNapier

Yeah, only communication we get from our MC is just them saying we’re close to closing. Apparently we’ve been “close to closing” for the past month and a half. We get any “closer” then we’ll be close to being homeless. We have called the mortgage processing center in the past during a previous phase but were just forwarded to the HAND department for that particular issue. Getting our file’s HAND department person on the phone is a battle in itself. Maybe I’ll give mortgage processing another call. I noticed on another thread that some person that apparently works for NACA keeps saying something to the effect of “let them do their jobs” and “interfering will just slow the process”. I’m trying. Trying hard not to give up on homeownership. Or at least with this method. Maybe wait a few years and save up some more. Then not have to worry about being a non priority member and be able to move wherever I choose.

in reply to: What next? #62282
    JackNapier

@Nelsont thanks for your input. Hearing that the holdup is with BOA and not NACA does ease the stress just a little bit. I’ve been reading some of the threads on this forum as well as watched a few videos about people going through NACA and it seems to be a stressful process all around. I’m just hoping the sellers will be understanding and allow another extension if need be. Hopefully we can close this week or next week so I won’t have to move our belongings into a storage somewhere or pay for another increase on a month’s rent after our lease expires.

So are we to be expecting another closing disclosure that we will have to sign before getting the CTC? Seems like it’s a different timeline from region to region.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter