caycolon

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Priority Vs Non Priority Determination #72245
    caycolon

Which year of the FFIEC census info is presently being used? I was told by my MC that 2020 is being used but my realtor said that they are using 2019.

in reply to: Nassau County LI, NY #72160
    caycolon

Hi @arrak888, I too am looking in Nassau County. I saw that column with the $124,000 amount and thought that amount was the threshold for determining priority vs non-priority but I guess I’m misunderstanding.

Yes, I agree…like you said, “one house qualifies but another a few streets away doesn’t”. You have to comb through the houses. Maybe a realtor familiar with NACA could be useful in your search.

Also, @nelsont I need clarity on which year we are using 2019 or 2020 numbers, because my realtor told me last week that NACA reverted back to the 2019 numbers.

TIA

in reply to: Looking for Agent in Long Island, NY – HELP! #71945
    caycolon

Hello,
    I have a follow up question. Once you locate a realtor in NY that works with NACA, what documents is the realtor “allowed” to review? I have an interview with a realtor and they are asking to see my affordability form. It clearly states at the top of the affordability form not to share this document with anyone except your MC. Is it common practice to share the affordability form even though the doc indicates not do? If you dont share the affordability form how do you prove priority/non-priority and qualification amount? Any help would be gladly welcomed. Thanks!

caycolon

@Falyn I’m in the Newark office too. I had my intake this week. Just wondering who you worked with?

caycolon

Going to intake soon. We recently resided with relatives and we do not pay rent (we have been saving our full shock payment for 6+ months) however we pay all the utilities in the house. (The bills are not in our name) Would it be any benefit to bring the utilities bills?? We have established ontime credit-card and cellphone payments for 10+ years.

in reply to: Very close to closing! My naca timeline #65114
    caycolon

Thanks for sharing!
    May I ask what city are you in?

caycolon

@ccarlson was there a reason why you needed to bring your retirement accounts. Were you planning on withdrawing money from those accounts for buy down? I have an intake appt coming up and I hadn’t planned on providing that info because I’m not touching that money.

in reply to: Online Bank #62316
    caycolon

Hi everyone,
    My question is not directly related to the initial question posed however it is about bank accounts. I have been saving money for several months and I want to move it to a higher interest yielding bank. Will moving this large sum of money create an issue my future with MC or underwriters (I have my intake coming up). I can’t bare to see this money sit in an account any longer that gets less than .5% when I know banks that offer 2%. However if it’s going to create an issue I would rather avoid the headache and leave my money where it is.
    Thanks in advance.

in reply to: Mortgage Process Expectations #62274
    caycolon

Thank you for that bit of encouragement. Your advice is duly noted!

in reply to: Mortgage Process Expectations #62246
    caycolon

@newyorkspirit
    I too am from Queens and waiting for my first intake appt in Feb. I already have concerns that most prices for homes in Queens or for that matter NYC are insane. Have you been successful finding affordable homes in Queens?
    How has your experience with the Newark office been during your NACA process?
    Thank you in advance.

in reply to: Name on bank accounts #61391
    caycolon

@ttrumble Thank you!

in reply to: Amounts over $100 #61153
    caycolon

@Amydk and @Klassy thank you for all this info. Duly noted.

in reply to: Amounts over $100 #61013
    caycolon

@2blessed
    Thank you. Yes, it helps. I’m to assume that I cannot write one letter listing all the childcare expenses for each month with corresponding check numbers? Sooo…I have to write an individual letter for each transition?? Oh my!
    I could totally understand how time consuming and monotonous that could feel. This definitely helps.

in reply to: Amounts over $100 #60999
    caycolon

Should I have LOEs ready and bring them the day of the intake to help speed the process? Should I also bring the copies of the cancelled checks for the intake?

caycolon

@casablanca5
    I’m in NYC too. We’re setup for our intake appt in February in the Newark office as well. Please share about your experience since I rarely find anyone from NYC on these forums.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter