deb501

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    deb501
    Participant

Congrats Tammy45
    Ive been in my house 1 year on july 14 and know exactly how you are feeling. Such a huge accomplishment. One more thing to check off your list!

in reply to: The NACA Purchase Program #27831
    deb501
    Participant

Hi browngirl
    I want to say you are so right! I closed in July 2014 and almost a year later its still an unbelievable feeling. NACA does work! Please everyone just stick with it. Everyday I am so thankful to NACA for making me a homeowner. It is still an awesome feeling!

in reply to: Things are looking up…. #19300
    deb501
    Participant

Hi kmjatl,
    Congrats! I also have a 2.5% interest rate and it is well worth the buydown. My mortgage is so affordable and way less than I was paying for rent. Ive been in my house for almost a year now and still loving every minute of it!

in reply to: Is it safe… #15759
    deb501
    Participant

Hi Rashad 3000, I closed july 14,2014 and I destroyed all the old bank statements, credit card statements, pay stubs and explanation letters about a week after I was in my house. I was very bittersweet! I had all that stuff for almost a year. I must say it felt great to destroy it all!! Congrats on closing. Feels good to pull into your driveway everyday after work huh? Such a great feeling, Im still pinching myself almost a year later.

in reply to: Questioning My Choice #15291
    deb501
    Participant

Hi Jerusha 2015,
    I agree with calling the office on a regular basis and trying to get info on whats going on. I closed last July 2014. I was qualified April. after that things started to move slow but I called the office about every other day to find out what the hold up was. My local office personnel were polite and I can honestly say that they returned all my calls. it may have taken a day or two but they always got back with me. Keep calling, trust me its worth it in the end. I have a beautiful home that I love coming home to everyday, my mortgage is $200 less than I was paying for rent and interest rate of 2.5%. AWESOME FEELING!!!!!!

in reply to: Closed yesterday and it feels great #15290
    deb501
    Participant

Congrats ontheroadagain,
    I know exactly how you feel. I closed in july 2014. Its such a great feeling not to be renting any longer. Ive been in my house almost 1 year and I can honestly say I enjoy sending my mortgage payments each month knowing that its going towards me paying it off not to a landlord. Enjoy!

in reply to: Clear To Close Received #13423
    deb501
    Participant

Congrats! I closed July 14, 2014 and am still loving my new home! Ive worked so hard for so many years and finally feel like I got what Ive been working toward all these years. I always could afford a home but with some credit issues would never have been given the chance without naca’s help!

in reply to: Still in a little shock… I CLOSED today! #12347
    deb501
    Participant

congrats and enjoy your first thanksgiving and Christmas in your new home! I closed july 14 and feel like I finally accomplished something that Ive wanted for years. I truly love sending off my mortgage check every month!!!!

in reply to: CLOSED! #12346
    deb501
    Participant

Congrats enjoy your first thanksgiving and Christmas in your new home!

in reply to: Another Closer 11.4.14 #12345
    deb501
    Participant

Hi browngirl
    Im so happy to hear that you finally closed! Im not on here much anymore so I just logged on to see that you closed on your new house. I am so enjoying mine and I know that you are as happy as I am to be in something you can call your own. Congrats and we both get to spend our first thanksgiving and Christmas in our new homes!!!!

in reply to: I closed today! #10762
    deb501
    Participant

bdlopez, I know how you feel because each time my realtor would email me and tell me that I had to sign an extension I would get really frustrated myself and wonder if there was ever going to be an ending point. I never had to pay any fees so it was just time that I dealt with not the financial penalties so that makes it even worse having to pay out that money. I would try to stick it out if you are able to financially because it is worth it in the end. I got a nice home in a great neighborhood and an interest rate I wouldn’t have gotten on my own. My mortgage is $200 less than I paid for rent. Good luck to you

in reply to: I closed today! #10756
    deb501
    Participant

Hi browngirl
    There were several delays which caused my contract to be extended 3 times, all beyond my control. My MC had a family emergency and was gone for about a week. During that time not sure how much attention my file received. After I kept calling checking for updates, they assigned someone new to work on my file while he was out, so this person was not familiar with my file and I’m sure she was probably overloaded so things were slow going at that point. The sellers had a planned 2 week vacation and were not willing to put it off so that was another delay, and about 2 wks after my MC got back, he quit! ( he was great), at that point I was assigned the new MC permanently and things just were slow going. She seemed to be kind of new and needed a lot of help from the office manager. I was waiting on my clear to close during this time and each time they would extend my contract by 2 weeks when something came up. Altogether it took about 2 1/2 months from my signed contract to close. basically every little thing that could go wrong went wrong but it all worked out in the end. It was all beyond my control. The frustration was well worth it. I love my new home.

in reply to: I closed today! #10692
    deb501
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I am completely moved into my new home and it’s such an unbelievable feeling that I am no longer a renter. I was a renter for the past 10 years and didn’t think I would ever own another home. The naca process can get a bit frustrating, I had given up on it probably twice during the process because I did get frustrated with how slow things seem to be moving. Each time I said forget it, my mc would call me after I didn’t respond to a request and encourage me to stick with it. He was great( I was saddened to hear he is no longer with the company). Here is my timeline:
    July 2013: naca meeting
    Aug 2013: initial intake meeting ( I was obligated to a lease until may so was in no rush; just kept faxing documents)
    Dec 2013: 2nd meeting with mc ( explanation letters)
    Jan 2014: file submitted to underwriter
    Jan 2014: file came back 5 times with several conditions, most already addressed but had to readdress again
    Feb 2014: gave up ( I was really frustrated at this point)
    Mar 2014: mc called and assured me we were too close to give up so got back in the game
    Apr 1, 2014: naca qualified
    Apr 23: found house
    Apr 29: contract signed
    May 2: home inspection
    May 9: cleared by hand dept
    July 8: cleared to close
    July 14: closed at naca office

My contract was extended 3 times before I finally closed. Hope this is helpful!

in reply to: I closed today! #10667
    deb501
    Participant

Thanks guys, my advice is to do what naca asks of you. If they ask for the same documents 2 or 3 times, just send them. I saved all the documents on my computer and whenever they asked for something I just went to the file and attached it with the email. It makes things so much easier to try and get organized, which wasn’t easy for me at first. My local naca office personnel were very busy, as with most of the naca offices. I can honestly say not one person working there was ever rude to me. When I called, They would take a message and sometimes it would take a day or two for a call back or an email but they would respond ( I was a polite pest). Just want everyone to know that naca is for real and it does work if you stay patient and persistent! Good Luck

in reply to: Cleared to close today! #10624
    deb501
    Participant

Thank you Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)