Newlywed Homebuyers

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

I used my 401K, however I use the mortgage option which didn’t include interest.

in reply to: Acceptable payment shock source #48047

They allowed any income to come for ours. I couldn’t use my part time job as a professor as the income they counted, however it could go towards our MRF.

in reply to: Settlement Agent #47980

Your realtor is supposed to complete the Transaction Summary, not you.

He/She would ask NACA who the settlement agent is.

in reply to: ***DESPERATE** CTC PENDING #47969

I’d definitely give a call because email seems to be giving you guys a mix up in communication. Good luck!

in reply to: Fees? #47942

There is not a monthly fee. There is only fees for the credit report and the one time membership fee UNLESS you do not purchase your house before the end of the year. If you do not purchase your house by the end of the year you have to pay fees again next year.

Hi GlennyP,

I am building through Great Southern Homes. It’s only South Carolina based.

in reply to: Why Many Complaints? #47919

I have no complaints. Don’t let other people decide what NACA is for you.

Yes, they dig into your finances ALOT but they’re also lending you money to buy a house. Their job is to make sure you can afford it. You will be able to email them once you have a counselor and NACA ID.

People quit because they don’t wanna put in the work needed to get a home, and a home they can afford. NACA has a low foreclosure rate for a reason.

Don’t focus on what other people experienced, make your own experience.

in reply to: theWorkNumber – Anyone required to use it? #47911

@ggof3,

We recently were able to use our download however they told us that they were transitioning to the VOE SOON and didn’t know how soon. That must be now. I wouldn’t feel comfortable providing my debit card information number via email or anything. The only way I would do it is if I was in the office with them and I could hand them the card to type in while I was in their presence.

But they did let us know it would be coming soon and we would be responsible for paying for it when the change did occur.

in reply to: Initial Intake #47909

When I reached out to remote counseling they told me that May was the earliest they had.

in reply to: NACA stand-out Counselors!!! #47907

Felicia Graham = Columbia, SC goes above & beyond! She’s absolutely AMAZING!! She’s a HC.

in reply to: Initial Intake #47905

During the initial workshop did you sign the paper that stated you had all your documents already ready?

I know our office does that, and it’s those people they call to set up appointments with first. My initial appointment wasn’t until March, it ended up being pushed to January and we submitted our contract today.

in reply to: New Construction Rate Lock #47880

DeeCee,

How long before it expired? Will be be longer than 4 months?

in reply to: INTEREST RATE #47876

I’m so excited about this! Our purchase workshop is Thursday and we plan to submit our Purchase Contract then!

in reply to: Starting to Stress… HC out 2 weeks #47869

All has been resolved 🙂 No need to stress. I was going to delete this but there is no way.

in reply to: Savings shock vs MRF #47863

MRF is the amount needed before you can close on your home. It’s PITI, your first year of taxes, inspection case, appraisal cost, termite inspection, escrow costs, all of the money that you would need upfront.

That money can come from any proven source (gift from parents, 401K, tax refund, etc). It doesn’t have to have a savings pattern. If you already have $2K you just need the other $2K.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)